Chapter 8

Lauren stopped the car door before it fully closed. Camila looked at Lauren and sighed. She couldn't actually close the door on Lauren, she just couldn't.

"Scoot over, Camz. I'm joining you on this ride." Lauren said and Camila went to the other side.

Lauren got in while Camila was telling the driver where to go.

"Why are you even here? Brad's probably looking for you, Lauren." Camila said after the driver started to drive.

"Can you please stop with the 'Brad this' and 'Brad that', Camila? Can you just stop assuming things?" Lauren asked rolling her eyes.

Camila watched as the driver upfront took out his phone and started recording. She clenched her jaw and sighed, annoyed.

"It's a 10 minute ride to my house, can we please just talk there?" Camila asked and Lauren leaned back into the seat.

"Fine." Lauren said and looked out the window.

Once the two arrived at the house and made their way inside, Lauren was thinking of what to say and Camila was still thinking of why Brad is even in this situation. If only he minded his own business and not look at Lauren's Twitter, everything would be fine right now.

The two sat at the living room on the couch and only silence clouded the room. Lauren was the first to speak up snapping Camila out of her daydreams.

"Why am I even here if you're not going to even speak to me?" Lauren grumbled.

"Why are you here? Brad's probably wondering where you are." Camila said in a snarky tone.

"Camila," Lauren warned.

"What are you so mad about? That I went with Brad to the gala? That I didn't go with-" Lauren stopped when she was interrupted by Camila.

"-exactly! You didn't go with me, I mean I'm fine with that. But, you couldn't even have the heart to tell me that you were going to be Brad's date to the gala? Was it that hard to tell me that one little detail?" Camila asked, clearly annoyed, and jealous- but she wouldn't actually admit that to Lauren.

"For fucks sake! I didn't even know we were going to that stupid gala! And when I did, I decided that I-" Lauren was interrupted by Camila once again.

"You decided to not tell me. Anything. You know how hard it is to find out that you're going with Brad through social media? It was overwhelming. I thought we were close enough for you to tell me these things." Camila said looking away from Lauren.

"Camila, stop interrupting me and let me fucking speak!" Lauren exclaimed, done with this bullshit.

Camila was taken aback and opened her mouth to say something but immediately closed it again, shutting up.

"You have no right to assume these things! You don't get to tell me what happened and how I reacted when you weren't even there." Lauren said in an angry tone. Camila stayed silent so Lauren decided to go on.

"Brad told me to wear something elegant and I did. I went to that gala without a single clue that we were going there. He told me on the way there that I was going to be his date. I went with it because I thought that maybe, I could see you and dance with you. And you know what? I'm really not in the mood to be arguing with you...I don't want to argue with you, Camz." Lauren said, her tone softening.

"Lauren, I- I'm so sorry." Camila apologized, her words all caught up in her throat.

"I'm going to go now. I really just want some space from you right now." Lauren stated, sighing.

Wrong Taxi Number (camren)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें