Chapter 12

I just kept running, until I hit a warm hard chest. I looked up to see Alex smiling down at me,

                “We have to go now” he whispered in my ear. I gripped his hand and we ran down the hall, I just followed him because he seemed to know where we were going. I could feel Jay frantically in my mind trying to work out where I was. When we reached a car, Alex pulled out a piece of material; he folded it and wrapped it around my head. “That’s for your mate, wouldn’t want him following you” he said calmly.

                “Alex, why did you leave?” I asked him, still holding his hand for dear life as the car drove out of the school.

                “I had to, I had to keep you guys safe, where are mum and dad?” he inquired, reminding me of why I was crying.

                “He killed them Alex and I watched. I couldn’t do anything, I was so helpless I just watched them die, trying to save me. Alex, why couldn’t it have been me who died?” I cried into his chest

                I’m sorry Lucy, I didn’t know. Jay’s voice echoed into my head, I pulled myself up from Alex and looked around to see if I could see Jay, come home to me Lucy. I ignored Jay’s voice and curled up on the car seat as best I could, while resting my head on Alex’s lap.

                “Lucy, Lucy! Wake up!” Alex shook me slightly. He looked on full alert, as he tugged me into a sitting position and out of the car and into another.

                “You always this alert? It doesn’t look healthy” I told him cheekily. As I sat down next to him and peered around the chair to see who the driver was.

                “Well when I’m kidnapping little girls from the scary Alpha I need to on alert. Lucy where are mum and dad?” He asked, tears prickled at my eyes.

                “He killed them Alex, my own mate murdered my family. Alex I don’t want to go back but” I said while showing him the mark. “What if he tries to you know” I trailed off looking down.

                “He wouldn’t Lucy your too young, but Olivia’s pregnant so when we get back she’ll be so glad to see you” he whispered into my ear. I quickly forgot all about Jay and started drilling Alex about his life. “Sleep Lucy, we are going on a long drive” and with that I allowed the world to disintegrate around me.

Strong arms lifting me into the air brought me back to reality, it was dark when I opened my eyes and the only light was a porch light.

                “Please put me down Alex” I said as I prodded his chest trying to get his attention. Eventually he lost his cocky smile and looked down at me, gently placing my feet on the ground. I looked in the direction that Alex was now looking in once again and saw Olivia standing there smiling.

                “Lucy! Oh it will be so much fun having you here.” She said happily.

                “Actually Olivia, we are going to have to move again, it’s too dangerous keeping Lucy so close to her mate” he told her calmly, but she didn’t look calm at all.

                “But moving is awful! We get stuck in some old head of ruins which we have to rebuild and get money in so that we can have food without hunting, can’t we just stay here?” she pleaded.

                “Lucy, Olivia go inside we will talk about this later. At the moment we need to be sure we weren’t followed.” With that Alex took off into the darkness, followed by a few of the other men.

                Lucy I command you to return to your mat at once, before I am forced to make more drastic actions. Jay’s strict alpha voice filtered through.