Chapter 9

“Lucy you have to go over the alphabet again” Jay told me, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to crawl up in a corner and cry. I didn’t want to learn, I wanted to be with my family again, to be held again. Tears began to crawl down my cheek. “Lucy, don’t cry. You need to learn this” he said, while his arm went around my shoulder, and tugged my head to rest on his shoulder.  “Now stop crying and at least try to learn it” he pleaded. I pulled myself out of his grip and ran. I needed to get away from him, he was a murderer. The tears blurred my vision, leaving me running into another male. His hands grabbed my shoulders and stopped me from running anywhere else. A deep growl echoed through the room the hands on my shoulders retracted, and the man moved away. I turned around to see Jay stalking towards me with pitch black eyes. I stumbled backwards in an attempt to get away from him which made him growl louder as I tumbled to the ground. Why was his wolf in control? I thought that only happened if they got scared for their mate. He picked me up with ease and cradled me to his chest. I looked up at him, terrified of what he would do. He carried me up to my room, while I cried into his chest. Praying that he wouldn’t do something that would make what relationship we had any worse. He laid me down on the bed, but didn’t attempt anything. “I want to see you in your school uniform” he said, his voice deeper and more controlling than usual.  I stood up and got it out of the cupboard, before heading to the bathroom. A growl stopped my progress; I looked over to Jay, terrified of why he was growling. “Stay in this room, I’m not going to let you out of my eyesight” he warned me. My face paled, I had never wanted to run so much in my life. He was terrifying at the best of times, tears of fear spilled down my face. I just wanted Matt so much; he would make it all better. When I looked up at Jay, he was kneeling in front of me. He scooped me up and laid me on the bed for a second time. But this time he didn’t talk, or move. He just held me. I struggled to move away from him, but that only made scarier growls escape his lips.

                “JAY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE? I CAN HEAR HER CRYING FROM DOWN HERE!” his mother’s voice chimed through the emptiness. Giving me an idea, I was gonna run and find Alex! The door burst open with the previous Luna and the current and retired Beta.

                “Jay, you are scaring the poor girl. Now she is safe so release her this instant.” Her calm voice filled the air with commands and orders. Instead of doing as she said, like I was praying he would, his grip grew tighter, and tighter. Until I let out a yelp of pain, which turned into more uncontrollable sobs.  But he didn’t release me.

                “Get away from us!” He screamed, it wasn’t Jay, it was his wolf. They started retreating out of the room; I used his distraction on them to make a run for it. I ran straight for the bathroom, and slammed the door. Jay’s terrifying face just behind the door. I locked the door and ran to the second door, and locked it as well.

                “LUCY, OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!” He screamed, he was terrifying, like he was when he killed my family. Tear of fear again streaked my face.

                “JAY! CALM DOWN” Another voice yelled. There was silence and all that could be heard was me hiccupping while I tried to stop crying. Then suddenly loud crashing noises sent the silence running into hiding, I wish I could run and hide.

                “Lucy, you need to come out and calm him down” said a sweet female voice “he will only listen to you” she finished. It sent a new wave of tears washing over my body. I heard the girl scream, and suddenly a loud bag echoed on the door. I looked at the door, as new fear surrounded me. I got up and as silently as I could unlocked and opened the door heading into his room. I headed for the exit but was intercepted by the Beta.

                “Come with me Lucy” he said sternly. I looked into his green eyes and panicked.

                “NOoo” I yelled “I – won’t –co-me” I said in between sobs. His hand gently landed on my shoulder and began to steer me towards the room where Jay was. The closer we got, the more I cried. I couldn’t stop crying. “I, I don’t want to” I whispered as I dug my heels into the ground to try and slow the speed we were heading towards the room. A girl, probably about 10 was hiding behind the older man, and Jay’s mother looked sad.

                “Just like his father” she whispered to the man next to her, who agreed with a nod. With a small shove, I was pushed into the room. I spun round to see the door close. I turned back to Jay who was growling like the monster he is. I backed up until I hit the door, instantly realizing that there was no getting away. The toilet door was on the other side of Jay, and the door behind me was closed and probably locked. He lunged at me, I screamed out of reflex as his arms wrapped around me. He pulled me to the ground on top of him. He then dragged me to the back corner, and sat us up. With his back the wall corner, and my body resting in his lap. I tried to pull away from him, but his soft growls became loud and threatening, as his arms restricted around me, putting a halt to all movement.  His body position forced my face to look at his chest and my legs were across his lap. My sobs began soaking his shirt, and he had rested his chin on my head. I heard his heart beat slow down, and felt his mood change from wolf to human, but he didn’t move. And I was too scared to move.

Jay’s Mother’s POV

We opened the door, to find Lucy draped across his lap crying, no surprise there. Poor girl, my son could be such as idiot sometimes. If it wasn’t for the fact you could hear her uncontrollably sobbing you would have thought it cute. Whatever had set my son off was not good; he had never acted like that. His father had once, when I had gotten kidnapped, they had just found me. And he nearly killed the pack doctor when he tried to get close to me to see if I was ok. But Lucy, she was the unlucky one in this situation, scared to death, no family and my son being an unexplainable and drastic. And her world wasn’t about to get any better. She was gonna start school, she couldn’t even read. Most students would probably avoid like the plague. All because my silly son hadn’t thought about the consequences of killing her family. Because he hadn’t thought about what would happen if he marked. His mark meant most humans would find her weird, they won’t want to go near her. Poor Lucy, life at school was going to be hell.