Chapter 8

Jay’s hand grasped mine so tightly I thought it would fall off; his mother was off leading the way. We had already bought make-up, I still trying to work out why that was needed. But now I had some casual clothes, undies and bras.

                “Nice mate you got there, think we could borrow her for a while. We promise we wouldn’t hurt her much.” The sturdy voice laughed, I whipped my head around to look at the man, but before I could see him Jay had pushed me behind him.

                “Trevor, what are you doing here? I thought the last time we told you to scram, you got the idea. Unless you need another lesson?” Spat Jay, I suddenly found myself being dragged away by Jay’s mum. The minute we were away from the scene she practically ran with me to the car. Once we were in, she locked it, as I saw other people from the pack heading towards where the man had been. Suddenly the car was moving. The women’s head snapped around to look at me,

                “You smell like him, you’ve met him before haven’t you? That’s the only reason you could smell like him, or you’re related.” Her eyes narrowed at me suspiciously. We drove in silence for a while, when we came to a stop. We were outside a school; Jay opened my door before I could reach it. His arm went protectively around my back, leading me in the direction of a class room. When a low growl escaped his lips, he stiffened and stopped walking.

                “Why does she smell like him?” He growled angrily. His mother didn’t say anything, but I could tell some sort of communicating was going on. He growled, before gripping my arm and dragging me to the class room. Upon entering Jay released his grip on my arm and held my hand gently instead.

                “Jay, how nice to see you. Oh and I see you brought Lucy. I’ve heard so much about you, how about we start your testing.” She asked sweetly.

                “Testing” I barely whispered the word, but everyone understood the meaning, fear. Memories; bad memories. I tour my hand from Jays grasp and sprinted out of the room.

                “Lucy!” The women’s voice echoed after me. Tears poured out of my eyes, as my breathing turned into short gasps of air. The forest edge was so close, I could leave. I could be happy, no I couldn’t. My happiness was family and they were gone. I began jumping over fallen tree’s as I ran, until I fell. When I turned around, fighting for my breath while I cried. Jay appeared next to me, he crouched down next to me.

                “Lucy, everything’s ok, but we need to do these tests.” He told me, I looked up at him and shimmied myself backwards until I was pushed right up against a tree.

Jay’s POV

I watched her push herself back in fear. What was it about tests which had her so, freaked?

                “Lucy, come with me, no one will hurt you while I’m around.” I told her trying to calm her down. I gently took her hand in mine and helped her up. She began to shrink back but I pulled her towards me.

                “No! You’re a murderer! You killed my family” She screamed as she spun on her feet and went to sprint in the other direction, but I wrapped an arm around her waist.

                “Lucy, c’mon. Let’s go talk to the nice woman, it’s not safe to be out here” I told her while dragging her back to the class room. My mum was standing outside next to my geography teacher. I lead the still shaking Lucy inside and sat her down on the chair next to the teacher.

                “Lucy, can you write something for me?” Mrs Fillina asked politely, Lucy looked at the pen nervously then back to Mrs Fillina, then to me and my mother.