Chapter 3

ALPHA JAY’S POV

            “Alpha Jay, we have rogues in our territory, what would you like to do?” enquired my beta. I could just order their death’s, it would be easier, but extremely horrible. I could have them brought to me, but I disliked that idea, it was like leading pray to their grave. I much preferred the chase. I got up from my desk, and put the papers I had been using away. Before I followed my beta Mitch, through the maze of hallways and out into the open. Where a group of people from my pack were waiting.

            “Take me to them Mitch.” I told him.  We all stripped down, before shifting. It wasn’t until I was in wolf form, that I smelt a sweet smell. It smelt like a freshly baked cake, or the ocean breeze. I ignored the smell and followed my beta until he signaled that we were close to the rogues. I shifted back, as well as some others from my pack. We all put on some clothing, pretty much shorts or pants. As much as I loved to show off my generous sized family jewels, I didn’t think any female rogues would be overly please with the sight, especially if they were young. We did get the occasional teenager run away rogue. They were annoying; the question was always, do we send them back? Kill them? Or ask them to join the pack. I told my pack to surround them, and stay out of view, through our mind link. I waited for everyone to be in position, before commanding them to show themselves. I stepped out, and saw three horrified faces looking at me. They all in turn looked to see if there was an escape root, but frowned when there wasn’t.  One of them was hiding behind the younger male, but that didn’t bother me, other pack members could see them. “What are you rogues doing on my territory?” I sap, ignoring the delicious smell. And just concentrating on the older male.

            “We were just passing through” he replied, successfully keeping a calm voice. I held the old man’s gaze, he had deep blue eyes. When I heard the sound of two small footsteps. I snapped my gaze to where the sound came from. They came from a small girl, no older than 15. The one who had been hiding behind the younger male rogue. She had long wavy brown hair, and gorgeous dark brown hair. MATE! MY wolf screamed, he couldn’t be happier. He had found the one and only.

            “Mine” I growled. So that’s the amazing smell was, her.  I noticed that she wasn’t very tall.

            “No, can’t be…” Trailed off the younger male rogue. My wold growled, threateningly at him.

            “Come here” I told her. I wanted nothing more than to hug her and see my mark on her slightly tanned neck. My mate had paled considerably, and she shook her head in refusal! My mate refused a command, not good. I growled and purposefully strode towards her. When the male rogue she had been hiding behind, stepped out in front of my mate. As if to protect her, I growled threateningly at him. When he didn’t move, I punched him square in the face, before quickly shoving him aside. She looked at the male rogue worriedly, before turning to me. She gave me one look, and trying to sprint away from me. I wasn’t going to let her get away from me, ever. I growled and wrapped my hands around her maturing waist, and brought her back to my bare chest. I dragged her back to where I had been standing “Kill them” I said simply.

            “Noooo” she screamed, her voice was lovely. But slightly high from concern, for the other rogues. I watched the adult rogues, who were obviously mates; love was clear in their eyes when they looked at each other. I looked at the younger male rogue; he was quite a good fighter. Shame he was a rogue, and about to be a dead one too. “You can’t!” She screamed in horror, it made me sad that I had to kill them. But they were rogues, and we don’t tolerate them. I could feel her trying to squirm her way out of my firm grip. So I tightened my arms, which were around her waist. I kindly ignored all her attempts t hurt me, I couldn’t let her go, and because she would probably run into the fight and get herself hurt. I kept a firm grip on her waist, and watched the fight progress. I watched the female rogue turn to look at my mate, and have her throat torn out. Her mate let out a howl of despair, only to follow her fate mere seconds later. The now lone rogue looked at me mate in horror. Having given just enough time for a pack member to get the kill. My mate turned and bashed her small fists into my rock hard chest. I just nuzzled my face into her neck. Enjoying the closeness and inhaling her delicious sent. I was struggling to resist the strong urge to sink my canines into her soft skin, marking her as mine forever.