Chapter 27

Disclaimer: Nope these characters aren't mine sadly. I just get to play with them...I wish ;)

Here We Go Again

Chapter Twenty Seven

BPOV

How can I keep doing this to him! I'm a horrible person.

I started pulling at my hair in frustration while my mind warred with the rest of my body. The whole evening had been beyond amazing and I had gone and ruined it all. Dancing with Edward was like a dream come true. Whirling around the dance floor held securely in the arms of the man I love, it was easy to ignore my reasons to be wary. I could feel how right the moment was and see the love radiating from every move we made and thrilled at our perfect little moment. The rest of the room could have gone up in smoke and I wouldn't have noticed. The hall and everything within it had been absolutely breathtaking but all I could really see was the heartbreakingly handsome man at my side.

Earlier in the evening when I entered the living room with the girls, my eyes had almost bugged out of my head at Edwards appearance. Even with his father and brothers wearing similar tuxedo's, none of them could rival Edwards stunning form. His jet black trousers fit his lean legs perfectly accentuating his strong body and firm backside. The white button up dress shirt clung to his torso almost sinfully while his jacket hung open casually from his strong arms. The bow tie around his neck made his entire outfit even more suave, if that was at all possible. Thankfully he hadn't noticed my blatant ogling by the time my eyes finally reached his equally gob smacked face. If I could have blushed I would have been bright red at that moment.

Snapping myself out of my thoughts I straightened up and looked around our table. The girls clutch bags lay in a pile in the centre of the table along with Carlisle's beeper. Living alone for so long, I couldn't understand how the Cullens could trust people so easily. Anyone could steal their possessions just sat on the table in clear view. I'd witnessed enough robberies living in my dingy accommodations over the years to know not to trust seemingly nice people. My scepticism in people seemed to be ingrained within my mind. Maybe that was why I was finding it so hard to let go of my doubts regarding Edward.

Thinking of Edward, I needed to go and apologise for leaving so suddenly before. No matter what shaky frame of mind I'm in, it isn't exactly very nice of me to leave him alone on the dance floor. His guttural moan had re-awakened my hesitancy but I shouldn't have let it affect me that much. God knows I was enjoying myself in much the same way. Swivelling in my chair slightly, I turned back to face the dance floor and searched through the dancers for Edward. My initial scan came up empty so I stood up from my seat and moved to the edge of the dance floor to get a better view. I spotted Alice and Jasper twirling around happily and Rosalie and Emmett holding each other close swaying gently to the music, I was confused by how I found Esme and Carlisle. Esme was facing the stage with a choked up expression on her face while Carlisle held her from behind and kissed her on the head. Confused, I followed her gaze up onto the stage and gasped audibly at what I saw.

Edward was speaking quietly with a member of the orchestra, too quietly for my ears to pick up over the music still playing. I looked over to the others bewildered hoping they could explain what was happening. Alice smiled at me angelically, stopped dancing and walked over to Esme and Carlisle to watch the stage. Soon after, Rosalie and Emmett joined their little gathering and stared at the stage expectantly. I turned back just in time to see Edward handing the man what appeared to be folded up money as they shook hands happily. What the hell was going on? The man slipped the money into his inside jacket pocket then gestured something to the orchestra. Seconds later the music died down quietly and people began looking around in confusion. Join the club!

My eyes were glued to Edward wondering what the hell was going on. As if he felt my gaze he looked up from his inspection of his shoes and met my gaze with a nervous but determined smile. I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly and he took a deep breath before turning away from my gaze. He started walking slowly towards the left side of the stage while the whispers around me grew in volume. I followed the path he was walking and gasped at the possibility of that one journey. I felt the air leave me instantly as soon as he took his seat at the magnificent grand piano infront of me. From where I was standing I could clearly see his face as he stared at the instrument intently before straightening up and seeking out my gaze once again. My hand flew to my throat as soon as his eyes met mine. The longing present in his eyes would have floored me had Carlisle not suddenly appeared by my side propping me up. He straightened me out then moved over slightly to embrace his overwhelmed wife.