Chapter 10

Disclaimer: These characters are Stephenie Meyers wonderful creation. I'm just toying with their lives. **cackles evilly**

Here We Go Again

Chapter Ten

Esme's POV

I had to get out of this room!

Three hours ago I watched my daughter run out of our lives. The devastation was instantaneous. We had lost her again. Jasper had been frantically sending waves of calm our way for the past few hours but they didn't help. Edward hadn't moved an inch since Bella's departure, he simply stood in the centre of the room staring off into space. Emmett and Rosalie had moved to the window, where they stood holding each other close. Jasper was soothing a still sobbing Alice, her face pressed so tightly to Jaspers chest it looked as though she was trying to burrow into him. I was no better, Carlisle wouldn't let me move from his tight embrace as I shook from my overwhelming grief. He buried his nose in my hair, taking in my scent and quietly murmuring soothing words.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get out of the house for a while and clear my head. Seeing my family so destroyed only fuelled my misery. It would give me time to think. I gave Carlisle one last squeeze, thanking him for being there for me, before gently unwrapping myself from within his arms. He understandably looked confused.

"Honey, I'm going to go for a run. I need to be alone for a while. I hope you understand?" I tentatively asked while glancing up at his reassuring face.

"Of course dear. I understand. Please be careful. I love you." He is such a wonderful man.

"I love you to." I raised myself up and gave him a quick kiss. Turning away from my wonderful husband I spoke slightly louder for my children's benefit.

"I'm going for a quick run to clear my head. I'll see you all later. I love you all." They all nodded before going back to their spouses reassuring words.

I hesitantly walked over to Edward. My poor son. He looked so lost and alone, if there was any way I could help him I would do it in a shot. I stood infront of his paralysed figure waiting for a response but I didn't get one. Lifting my hand I gently stroked his soft cheek while trying to show as much love in my gaze as possible. He slowly moved his eyes until they met mine in utter desperation. Seeing the heartbreak and fear emanating from their depths made me take in a few shaky breathes. I had to reassure him, I couldn't lose my son aswell, I wouldn't!

"It'll all work out son, I'm sure. She's still going to be around, we can win her over. We wont give up. Understand?" A flicker of life came back into his golden eyes at the determination in my voice. He simply nodded while trying to send me a small smile. He failed.

After one last wave at my hurting family, I headed out into the forest to run away from my worries. On our first visit to Anchorage, Carlisle and I had found a beautiful lake to the west of our new property. We had sat by the picturesque surroundings and relaxed in each others arms. It was such a peaceful place, maybe sitting by the lake I would be able to think of a way, any way to help my family.

I pushed faster in my urge to get there, my feet barely making contact with the wet ground. My hair whipped past my face as I flew through the dense forest. I was nearly there, I could here the water lapping at the shore. Jumping over an uprooted tree I moved into the centre of the clearing. Taking a deep breath I moved towards the waters edge, it really was beautiful here. As far as I know, only Carlisle and I know of this place and he wouldn't disturb me tonight.

Just as I was starting to unwind slightly I heard rustling to my right. I wasn't alone. Whipping around I saw who was with me.

Bella!