Chapter 24

Disclaimer: Nope, I'm not Stephenie Meyer. Thereforeeeeeee these characters aren't mine.

Here We Go Again

Chapter Twenty Four

EPOV

I will never be able to shower again without thinking of last night. I had already been overwhelmed with my Bella when I heard her enchanting voice at the bar, but seeing her clothes plastered to her glorious body with water dripping over her parted pouty lips was the final straw for me. Of course I liked to think I would have been able to hold myself back if the reciprocated desire wasn't in her eyes. I was trying very hard to convince myself of that fact.

I knew our intimate moment in the shower could be taking things too far too soon, but at that moment with Bella's legs wrapped tightly around my waist, the thought of stopping was furthest from my mind. I didn't regret what happened, I only regret how it happened. I wish we were at the stage where the desire we have for one another was acceptable in our relationship and that our intimate moments wouldn't halt and instantly be followed by guilt. More than anything, I wished I could be worthy of her trust again. No matter how many times I declare my love and unshakeable loyalty to my Bella, there is understandably always a small amount of scepticism present on her face. I wanted to remove her doubts in me and prove myself worthy of her love. I had to think of a plan to get her back.

"Edward! Bella! Carlisle! Get your butts down here!"

Emmett's booming voice interrupted my planning.

I could hear what he had in mind and knew there was no way out of tonight. Picking myself up off my sofa, I ran quickly out of my room and into the living room. Bella was already seated in her usual place looking around curiously at the others. Carlisle walked in behind me and swiftly took his seat next to Esme on the love seat. Emmett finally answered Bella's curiosity as I took my seat next to Alice.

"I declare movie night officially open! Bella, because you are newest to this tradition, I will allow you to pick the first film. I know, I'm just great like that!"

Without giving her chance to reply, he yanked her up from her seat and dragged her over to the dvds in the storage units by the plasma TV. Her voice was hesitant when she spoke up from scanning the dvd titles.

"I take it I don't get a say in this. I'm watching films whether I like it or not."

At the same time as Esme said, "Of course not." Emmett boomed a resolute, "Hell yeah!"

Esme instantly scalded Emmett for his pushy behaviour but Bell simply laughed at the overexcited oath by her side.

After a few more minutes, she picked a dvd and shoved it into Emmett's waiting hands.

"The Hangover! Good choice sis. One of my favourites, I knew I liked you for a reason."

Bella punched him playfully on the shoulder before making her way back to her seat on my left. In the 10 minutes since I'd entered the room, our eyes hadn't met once. Was she nervous around me now? Did she think I would lunge for her at any moment? Thankfully before my paranoia could get anymore out of control, she slowly raised her head and offered me a tentative smile before looking back towards the screen. It may have been short but at-least she acknowledged my presence.

By the time the film started playing, the clock had just hit 4.05pm. Knowing Emmett, he would want to watch films until the early hours of the morning. I could never understand the obsession he had with those Lethal Weapon movies. There were so many of them, each more boring than the last!

"Oh god this bit is so funny!"

Emmett was laughing before the man on the screen had even said the apparently hilarious line. This film was very funny but I was so tense from the slightly awkward tension passing between Bella and I, that I couldn't find it in me to laugh.