Chapter 12

Disclaimer: Would a simple durrrrr suffice? No. Okkkkk. I DON'T OWN THESE CHARACTERS! Stephenie Meyer does of course.

Here We Go Again

Chapter Twelve

EPOV

She woke up!

As I begged her lifeless body for hours on end to come back to me, a seed of doubt had planted itself in my mind. What if she didn't wake up?

I couldn't cope with that question so I stayed rooted to my spot staring at my beautiful Bella and whispering words of utter devotion and love. After five hours of begging and pleading her eyes snapped open.

Now she sat, cleanly dressed with her hair and face caked with mud, still looking utterly stunning. She was letting us know about her past! Hope surged through me at the thought of being able to win my Bella back. I would not give up! Letting us see into her past must count for something. She must still care for us in some way. With my goal set I sat riveted in my seat as Bella took a deep breath and began telling us how she was changed.

"I told you the state I was in when you guys left. I was depressed but anxious to reassure Charlie that I was on the mend, so he wouldn't send me back to Phoenix. I started hanging around with a family friend called Jacob Black, we became pretty close but for unknown reasons he stopped speaking to me. His friendship was the only thing keeping me going. Charlie had seen I was slowly improving and I didn't want him to freak out when I became cooped up inside again." She paused to collect herself, we could all see how much sadness Bella felt at reliving her past.

I wanted to tell her she didn't need to tell us and let her relax, but I needed to know what happened to my Bella.

Looking out the window she continued. "I started telling Charlie I was seeing some friends in my spare time, he believed me easily. I was actually going for walks in the forest, trying to get away from my house. Everything reminded me of you. Whenever I had time I would hike for hours on end, I was getting pretty good at finding my way around."

She stopped and closed her eyes, I could see her breathing start to accelerate. "One day I got quite far out and hadn't realised where I was heading until I got there. I found my self in the centre of your meadow. I collapsed on the ground in defeat. Everywhere I went I always ended up back to memories of you. I don't know how long I lay there hating myself, I only remember the feeling of suddenly not being alone."

She stopped what she was about to say as snarls and growls erupted from our families lips. We knew it was coming but it was different to hear it from Bella's scared memories. The fact that this all happened in a place with so much significance to us made my hands ball into fists for revenge. I would kill whoever touched my Bella.

She carried on in a daze oblivious to my murderous intentions. "I became paranoid I was being watched and sat up and looked around. I was right. There he stood across the meadow, staring at me in confusion. He hadn't changed a bit. Oddly enough the first thing I felt was relief! I had started to believe you were all a figment of my imagination. That vampires didn't even exist. Seeing him proved me wrong. His dark red eyes stood out from his stony exterior. I should have been scared but I was happy to see him. Laurent was back."

Her story stopped short as we all snarled at that name. Laurent! Hadn't he helped us at one point. How could he? He has to pay for what he's done. I could see myself and my brothers were on the same wave length. I stared into their equally furious eyes and was about to gleefully begin plotting his demise when I could hear a beautiful noise outside of my rage induced mind. Bella was laughing. Bella was laughing at us!

"Bella this is not funny! He will pay for what he did to you! I'm going to enjoy tearing his..." Before Emmett could go into the satisfyingly gory details of his plan, he was interrupted.