Chapter 6: One New Message!

Start from the beginning

"Okay. What chores do you want me to do?" Tali inquired curiously, looking away from her phone which was sitting by her place. I brought my hot coffee over to the table and sat down. I was a little bit stunned by her inquiry. Usually kids her age have absolutely no interest in helping around the house and what not, but she actually wants to do something. Maybe she's just bored. I'm sure in Miami she had plenty of things to do and people to see. Here, she doesn't know anybody and from what she's seen, there isn't much to do.

"When we get back from doing errands you can help chomp down on some yard work." I replied honestly. I had a lot to do before Steph got back and before I left, I'm gonna need as much help as I can possibly get.

Tali finished her bowl of cereal and got up from the table.

"Well, if we're going out then I'm gonna need to shower first." She claimed going over to the sink. I had to twist around so I could see her. She rinsed out her bowl and cup before putting them in the dish rack to dry. I smirked evilly and shook my head.

"And who exactly are you trying to impress?" I shot at her jokingly. Tali's electric blue eyes landed on me. At first she was horrified that I said that then it became an unamused glare. She shrugged and made a disgusted face.

"No one, I just don't want to stink out the whole town." She replied trotting off out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I shook my head and smirked to myself, sipping the hot coffee. My attention was caught by Tali's phone vibrating on the table across from me. A very familiar fire exploded inside of me when I saw the same flash across the Blackberry's screen. Jesse had sent her a text message. A war started within me, I wanted to see what asshole had to say but at the same time I couldn't invade Tali's privacy. Not after what I preached yesterday. I didn't want to violate our trust already but I also wanted to see what he had to say. I already know he's a cock sucker but I want to know what exactly he's saying to her to make her pack her bags and leave the place she grew up. How bad is he to her?

Slowly, I reached across the table and pulled the cell phone towards me. I could faintly hear the water running from upstairs so it was clear to check, but I still felt bad that I was doing this. Tali really should put a password on her phone because it was all too easy to gain access to her entire world. It blew my mind; everything that was Tali was sitting at my fingertips, her musical taste, her pictures, her friends and social media, her messages that she doesn't want anyone to see. Everything was right here in my hand.

I went to her messages and saw a couple of new messages from her friends, but the latest one was from Jesse and it was from right now. I clicked on the message, completely ignoring the other texts.

Jesse Neisler: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 1:34 p.m.

I'm sorry. Ok?

I didn't mean to hit u. U got me mad, babe.

U know exactly when and how 2 make me upset.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 3:52 p.m.

Did u srsly leave?!

Why is every1 tellin me u left 4 some dude?

Tali Underwood: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 4:00 p.m.

How did u get my #? I changed it.

Jesse Neisler: Tuesday, July 1, 2008. 6:19 p.m.

I know. Come back so I can talk 2 u about that.

U can't just change ur # when we have a lil fight.

Who is this dude?

Tali Underwood: Wednesday, July 2, 2008. 12:10 a.m.