Chapter 15: Please?

Start from the beginning

"Where. Is. My. Mate." I asked with more force. I was about to lose it. It took Logan's grip around my wrists and Jake's to blow out a few sparks to my fire.

"Oh! Your pathetic little girl? Come on, Arden, bring my prize to me," he smirked. At the mention of Arden having her, I swear, instead of shifting into a wolf, I would've shifted into a dragon.

"No," Arden says, stepping forward. He had Shayla in his arms, bridal style; and my rage was mixed with confusion.

Shayla. My Shayla.

I only caught a glimpse of her before Arden protectively held her closer to him. My wolf internally growled.

"No? You dare defy your master?" Gaston roars.

"Shayla isn't yours, and she isn't mine either. Just because your mate was killed, and that her name was Shayla and she looked exactly like this Shayla, she rightfully belongs to Chase. You had no right to take her away from her mate," Arden snarls back.

What? What's happening? Why is Arden helping us??? I couldn't think straight. What on earth is going on!?

He slowly walks over to us with Shayla still in his arms. I barred my teeth.

But that is when hell broke loose.

Gaston shifted, pouncing on Arden, the two of them toppling onto the ground, Shayla's lifeless body sent rolling away deeper into the forest.

All the rogues leapt at the chance to fight and our warriors were immediately into action.

"Shayla!" I yelled. Where is she? Amongst the chaos, it is impossible to find her.

"Shift." I commanded my wolf. Without hesitation, I shifted into my mighty black wolf.

Jumping on top of those rouges, I carefully tried to avoid the star-iron daggers.

"Fuck!" I inwardly cursed as a rogue sprung onto my back, soullessly tearing at my cut from Rebecca. Blood spilled from my hind leg as I bit the rogue's neck.

I am losing blood. I am losing a fucking hell lot of blood.

I slowly limped away from the merciless crime scene as members from the packs tried to make a way for me to go from the bloody rogues and the bodies lying on the ground. Good thing all our pack members tied a bright yellow ribbon around their front left leg to identify who they were. Us Alphas, we had a blue ribbon.

'Mate.' My wolf growled. My ears perked up immediately as I hurriedly ran as fast as I could towards the scent, trying to ignore the searing pain that shot up my leg with every step I took. "Shayla!" I yelled through our mind-link. I was greeted with no response. Where the hell was she? Finally, her body came to view. Her brown hair, dirty tangled in knots, shirt ripped, lips dry and cracked.

I immediately shifted back, feeling the tears cloud my vision. My Shayla looked so lifeless right now! Her face was so pale and her body felt so weak and fragile.

"Shayla?" I whispered, placing my hand on her heart, trying to find a beat. I eventually felt it, but it was horribly faint and was slowing down.

"Come on, baby, I love you Shayla. Please, stay with me! I'm so sorry for everything I ever did to hurt you. Please, come back..." I whispered, tucking my hand under her head, lifting her up closer to my body, kissing her.

Nothing worked. Not even mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

No. This cannot be happening.

Shayla's POV

I am so fucking irritated! I should have control over my body and when I sleep! Not the fucking star-iron!

"Calm down, my child," the familiar voice seeped its way around the trees into the forest ground I lay.

"Calm down? I don't know what to do, Sasha! I'm lost! Chase is probably going to be out there dead and I can't live without knowing the last time I saw him was to run away from him!" I yelled with the tears streaming down my face.

"As a magic user, you are given more strength than other normal werewolves. You can fight the star-iron," she says. Her tall elegant figure walks towards me and I take in her appearance. She was wearing a white dress that reaches up to her knees, and she had long blonde hair.

"But I don't know how!"

"Remember the prophecy; defeat, or be defeat," she simply replies.

"Why me? Why is it me you come to?"

"I am the goddess of werewolves. All of you are my children. You, Shayla, have been chosen to fulfill a superior role in the lives of all werewolves around you. But you need guidance. That is why I am here."

"What will happen if I go back? What if I choose to just let go?" I manage to ask. I felt my heartbeat go slower and slower, making me inhale more desperate and rapid breaths.

"I cannot tell you what will happen, that is for you to decide."

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to let it all go. Chase probably wanted some other girl who has a better body than me; someone who would make a better Luna. Besides, isn't he the sex god at school? He'd have no trouble finding someone wayyy better than me. After all, I'm nothing, just a pathetic little girl. Cole and Ashlyn have each other. And Arden; oh my Arden. He betrayed me, but that doesn't wipe out all my feelings for him. I guess it's better for me to go if my presence is stopping him from finding his true mate.

"Well then," I start, "I choose..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ah ha! A cliffhanger!!!

What do you think will happen??? :D comment it below~

Okay, here is some good and bad news for you all!

Bad: this story is coming to a near end :( there's only several more chapters left!

Good: I'll be trying my absolute hardest to get it done this month for the Wattys!!! Therefore, the updating dates will be unstable. But I'm hoping for making it two times a week again! :)

I guess that's it for today! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!! ^_^

Luv you all <3