Chapter 7: Olive Garden

I lend the phone to her and I gave her a "You think?" face again

Dear Diary,

Professor Jeric just called us to inform that classes are suspended today until tomorrow due to some construction plan. Any necessary events are moved to schedule. It was a relief for me cause I'll have plenty more time to rest at home. I could spend my whole day reading books, drinking coffee or read books while drinking coffee. As an introvert, staying at home is just as precious as spending your time at parties. We enjoyed every moment just staring at the ceiling and contemplating life.

 We enjoyed every moment just staring at the ceiling and contemplating life

Such a nice day.

I went to the kitchen to fetch some cookies that my mom recently baked. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I could finish a whole jar of it in just a minute. Everything was OK, until my phone lit up.

I checked it and it was from Mom. She said If I could take the groceries from my aunties house, cause she accidentally left it.

"Still slaying that memory gap."

I didn't hesitate to go outside cause people are busy in their work today, and my neighborhood barely goes outside. It was Friday morning and I realize I'm just the only person walking on the block. I didn't put too much effort today. I just wore my Green day shirt and some sweatpants. My hair was looking like a nest, but I don't care, nobody's watching me anyways.

I arrived at her doorstep and knocked. She opened door and I didn't expect her to carry the bag.

"Oh dear, your mother left this in my cupboard. I was worried cause she needs these ingredients for her cupcakes. Here it is, took good care of it." and then she handed me the bag of groceries. I looked inside and saw some eggs, flour, and milk. Yep, she's definitely making cupcakes today.

"Thanks aunt Liz." I told her

I quickly went off carrying the bag. Every second, the bag got heavier and heavier. It was hard to hold, but I didn't mind it instead I shuffle my phone, put on some earphones and played some songs.

"But I can't, but I can't when you all have, guns for hands, yeah."

"Cause I'm so into you, into you"

"And truth be told I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart"

As I was walking on the streets, I saw someone sitting in the Olive Garden, A local restaurant, all by herself. I was puzzled, cause Olive Garden doesn't open until evening.

So I went to her, just to check if something's wrong.

"Uh. Miss the Olive Garden doesn't open until evening maybe your wondering if.. "

She turned around and I saw a familiar face. The girl that my friends asked me to avoid. It was Lucy.

" Oh hi Max."

She greeted me with a joyful voice.

"Hi Lucy, what are you doing here considering you're all alone."

I sat next to her, and she landed me her phone.

"Jacob told me to see him in here, besides, I need to talk to him."

I scrolled down Jacob's messages, and I notice he's weirdly sweet on her.

"I love you, you're the only one for me."

Too much hearts and xoxo, his texts are so deep that you can see Adele rolling on it.

"He's so sweet right!? Aww.. He's the sweetest person I've met. I'm into good boys this year." she said

I lend the phone to her and I gave her a "You think?" face again.

"Yeah the sweetest."

It's hard to watch that she's blinded by what Jacob is really doing. It would break her heart if she knows it.

I checked my watch and it was quarter to ten, and I should deliver this back to home or my mom would kill me.

"Hey Lucy, I need to go. I need to get this back. Good luck on your talk with Jacob"

She looked around and glare at me. "Thanks, I hope we could meet again." she said.

I waved at her and started walking. My pace was fast and I don't know why. As I kept walking, someone grabbed me from behind. I could feel they're more than one. They throw me in the yard and my groceries spilled on the sidewalk.

"What's your problem?" I asked

I was so angry. But when I looked at them, I saw Jacob and his friends.

"Hold him." he told them.

The two of them strangled me. They tightly grabbed my arm and the other one was holding my head.

"OK boss, he's ready."

I was struggling to escape from their gripped, but they're too strong. I continued to get out and I can see them having a hard time keeping me still. I was so anxious when Jacob suddenly punched me in the stomach. I felt the intense pain, right away. It didn't stop there. He beat me in the face left to right, stomach, and my arms.

They let go of me and I tried to run. I don't want to fight back, I don't want this to happen again.

Still Jacob kicked me in the back and I lost my balance. He then throws the garbage on top of me.

He dragged my head and advised me, "It's a warning Max Luther Bane. If you ever! ever talk to my girl, you will not only lose your body part, but you'll lose your dignity too." After that he let go of me and they walked away.

I can't hardly see or stand when someone from behind picked me up. It was Wayne. He helps me stand and gather the fallen groceries on the sidewalk.

"What the fuck happened to you? I saw you on the floor as I was on my to practice. Do you feel anything? I can call the ambulance? Do you need help, wait I'll call Clare or your mom?" he was so nervous that he almost drop his phone.

"NO, No, it's OK, I just fell

"NO, No, it's OK, I just fell. The groceries was heavy." I laughed at him.

"Well, how do you explain that?"

He then pointed out the bruises in my face and mouth.

"Nah it's nothing, just please leave. You had your practice and I swear I'm alright."

"I can call.."

"Just please leave!" I accidentally shouted on him.

He went quiet for a second. "OK, but if you need something, just call me."

"Ok" I nodded

Before he left, he gave me his first aid from his car. I refused it, but he said he will not leave until I accept it. I had no choice but to take the aid, after that he left.

I need to get home fast before mom can see me.