Chapter 7 - WHAT GALA?!

Start from the beginning

"I heard what she said Ems. If she willing to end someone's career, she's serious about being with you." Now I'm totally confused. Is she trying to say that Nia is in love with me. I laughed. "Geez. No one in their right mind will want to be with me." I closed the magazine and gave it to her. A knocked on my door startled us. "Girls.. Dinner." Mom said and smiled. We both nodded. "Okay Mom." We both stand and walked downstairs. We were both about to stepped down when we both heard moan. Clare and I looked at each other.

"Is that..." Clare stopped and dragged me down the steps. We both laughed. I started to cough and Clare rubbed my back. "You okay?" "Soar throat." "Fever?" "I don't know. So sudden." I smiled Clare. We both sit on our seat and wired for everyone. Mommy walked in and placed a tray of food. "Mommy. Do you have any soar throat medicine?" "Yea. Why?" I coughed. She went to my side and feel my forehead. "Slight fever i see. I'll be back with medicine but you have to eat first." I nodded. Grandma Carmen and Larissa walked in.

I smiled at Clare. Clare clear her throat. "We heard moans then... Now we saw two flushed face." We both laughed but it ended up with my cough. "You okay Emerson?" Grandma Larissa asked. "Soar throat." "Aunt Bella and Hope will
My join us tomorrow?" Clare asked. "No. They Harv their own activity." Too bad. We all love how aunt Hope commented on every scene in the movie. "Let's eat." Mommy said and place the sale at the middle. "Wait! Where Ann?" I asked. "She's at Nia's house. Birthday party." Mom smiled. "I was curious. Why didn't you go?" Mommy asked.

I don't even knew about the birthday. "Um.. Soar throat." Mommy nodded. We all started to eat and I noticed grandma Carmen looking at me with amused. I raised my eyebrows. She shake her head. Does she know about Nia and I? "Emerson. Ever heard of this saying.... I can always see something happen in those eyes." I shake my head slowly. "Well it's my saying." We all laughed. "Eat up. And take your medicine." Mommy said. I smiled and watched everyone. My grandparents both smiling at each other and I could see love in those gaze.

Mom and Mommy laughed and feed each other with love. Clare on the other hand still like always eat like there's no tomorrow. We're twins. Food is our passion. I stand and excused myself. "Thana's for the food Mommy." "And here is your medicine." Mommy smiled. I went to the kitchen took a glass of water. I swallows the pills and sighed. I went to my room and lay down. I close my eyes when I feel the pills finally do its job.

*THE NEXT DAY*

I just took one last bite of my cereal when I noticed Ann and Clare went to the dining hall. They both wearing their cheer outfit. "Ann.. You look... Different." I said. Ann smiled. "Really? Is it my hair?" Now she mention it. It look much more blonder. "I got highlights. Nia is amazing with her skills. Do I look amazing?" She whipped her hair in front of me. "Annabelle. Don't whipped your hair at our food." Grandma Carmen said. Ann turned back and looked around. "Where's Mom? And Mommy?" "They both went to Michigan. 2 day trip." I said and drink my juice.

"I'm in charge girls." Grandma Carmen said and we all laughed. "No way. I am." Grandma Larissa walked in. "Ann. Remember to send your future plan paper to Abigail." Ann nodded. "Emerson, don't start kissing your Girlfriend and Clare. Please... Call your mom. She's really worried." I looked at Clare. "What did you do?" Clare leaned in. "I was having phone sex." I cough out the juice I drank. "You just broke up with Peter." "His Sister." Clare chuckled. "Mom heard us and she thought I was having man inside my room."

"Why didn't you tell its phone sex." "I want them to worried." I shake my head. "Oh grandma." They both looked at me. "Um.. You guys aware of this part in the east or is it south?" Grandma Larissa nodded. "Well I went to one of the cafe with Duncan and it's his neighbourhood. And I want to help. But I don't have the money. You guys do." Grandma Carmen looked at me. "What is it Emerson?" "Well the mayor shut down this youth centre. And if I'm not mistaken we have one of those charity fund for youth centre and stuff right?" Grandma Larissa nodded. "Wait. Duncan the driver?" I nodded.