Chapter 1

"I can't believe you are doing this to me! Making me marry a woman I don't even know, just so you can have more money. Ever heard of a job?" Killian yelled at his father. "I've been the perfect son, and you do this to me!"

"Killian, please. You will do us a lot of good. You will learn to love Regina," Cole said with a sigh. "Look, I got you a ticket on The Jewel of the Realm. You will have a whole month to cope with this." Killian sighed and snatched the ticket from his father. "The ship leaves tomorrow at noon, so I suggest you get packing."

The next morning, the family car drove Killian to the docks where The Jewel of the Realm sat. The ship was huge. Many people lined up to board and to watch their loved ones leave. Deckhands came to take Killian's luggage to his room and he got onto the ship. He opened the door of his room and was stunned at the size. 'No wonder why Dad needs more money.' The room had a full living room, and an entryway to the bedroom. A fireplace sat against the wall in front of a couch and trinkets decorated the mantle. His luggage was placed on the shelves in the closet in the bedroom. A knock on the door was heard, and Killian ran to the door. He straightened out his suit before opening it. A man wearing a suit and white gloves had his arms crossed behind his back.

"Mr. Jones, I am here to inform you that dinner will be served at 5:00 sharp," the man said. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He was fidgeting where he stood.

Killian nodded, "thank you." He was going to shut the door when he heard a thud from the hallway. He pushed open the door and peered down the hallway to see the same man standing next to a blonde woman.

"You can be so stupid sometimes, Emma! This is the first class section. You are to treat everyone here with respect! You are not to make eye contact with any of them and only speak when spoken to."

"I'm sorry!" The girl squeaked. Fear lacing her voice. But Killian couldn't tell if she was frightened of the man or just in general.

The man grabbed her arm tightly and leaned in to her ear. Rage bubbled in Killian's chest. 'That is no way to treat a lady.' He walked out of the room and to the man and the woman. "What the bloody hell are you doing?" He shouted, pushing the man away from the girl.

"She's a maid, Mr. Jones. She needs to know how to do her job before she gets her ass kicked off the ship."

Killian turned around but the girl was gone. He faced the man again. "I don't want to see you treating any woman like that again." He let go of the man's jacket and ran down the hallway, in search of the maid.

He ran up to the top deck and saw that the ship was now further away from the docks. It was nothing but the open sea ahead of them. He looked around at the people, but it wasn't the person he was looking for. He wanted to make sure that the girl was okay. He wanted her side of the story. He was always nice to people, but that didn't mean that he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. If someone messed with him or to someone he loved, he wouldn't wait to punch them in the face. He ran below deck again and found the dining area, and glanced at all the faces. Here, there were too many women dressed like the one he saw earlier. They rushed around with plates in their hands. Their heads down towards the floor. He left the dining hall and went into the hallways. At the end, there was a woman inspecting her face in front of a large mirror.

'Bingo.'

He approached the woman, and the sounds of footsteps caused her to look up. Once she got a good look at his face, she cast her gaze to the floor. "Good evening, Mr. Jones," she said. Her voice smooth as the words escaped her lips.

"What's your name, lass?" He asked, tilting his head to the side in an attempt to catch a glimpse at her face.

"Emma."

He placed his fingers under her chin and brought her gaze up to him. "You can look at me." His brows furrowed at the sight of the cut above her eye. "You're hurt."

"It's nothing. If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work."

"Who was that man?"

She swallowed nervously, "Neal Cassidy."

"And who is he to you?"

"My boss."

"Well, I'll tell you what, love. If he ever lays a finger on you, you come and find me. I'll put the arse in his place."

Emma nodded and pulled away from him. "I have to get back to work."

"Come to my room after you are done and I'll clean up your eye."

"Yes, Mr. Jones."

Killian grabbed her wrist and spun her around. "My name is Killian." She nodded again and disappeared. He wondered if he would even be able to see her again. His heart fluttered as he watched her walk away. Golden hair, rosy cheeks, emerald green eyes. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. And the way her name flew around in his brain. "Emma." He had to test it out on his own lips. He immediately wondered what it would be like to kiss her. He wondered how she would feel pressed up against him.

Killian trudged back to his room. He couldn't get Emma out of his head. He couldn't understand why she was already imprinted into his head. He didn't even know anything about her! But, he already knew that the woman would be the death of him. And something told him that she had no idea.