Death and His Charge AU

In a fairly large unassuming house in the suburbs, a black haired teenager dressed in a pink striped polo shirt and dark jeans was currently laying himself across the rectangular couch, his form slightly sinking in the hard foam of the cushions.

He was holding up a smartphone as his shockingly red eyes, veiled behind dark rimmed glasses, read through paragraphs of well written Fanfiction with a small smile on his face.

The sudden slam of the door opening caused him to sit up and look over the couch, where the front door was conveniently in view of.

There in the doorway was a tall girl, not as tall as him though, clad in a black Harry Potter hoodie, skinny jeans and black combat boots. Her dark brown ponytailed hair had some strands out of place. Her own pair of dark rimmed glasses hung limply in her grasp as she used her free hand to wipe away tears that were starting to trickle down her cheeks.

Her reddened hazel eyes locked on to his and she shut the door, sniffling slightly as she made her way to the living room, tossing her bag to the vacant love couch. She plopped herself on the couch, the pillows bouncing at her force, and sobbed into her hands.

The teen sighed and patted her back "Again...?" he asked, revealing some rather sharpened and longer canines as he spoke.

The girl nodded as she calmed herself down, letting out the occasional sob or two.

Placing his smartphone on the coffee table in front of them, he rubbed her back as she regained her composure. "...Can you...?" she asked and the teen sighed, once again, as a dark purple glow encased his right hand.

Turning her body to him slightly, he pressed his right palm into the valley between her breasts, over her heart as the glow subsided.

The girl suddenly looked better, as if she hasn't been crying her eyes out for the past few hours. Her hazel eyes suddenly shone with once broken light and her once flushed cheeks no longer had tear lines going down them. Smiling brightly, she hugged the dark haired teen, causing him to silently groan.

"Thanks, Death..." she thanked him.

Death rolled his eyes and placed his hands on her shoulders, gently squeezing them. Pushing her away slightly, he asked her, as if suddenly tired of the topic "Will you stop chasing after boys for now? You're not even out of school yet Jyka..." he grumbled as he picked his phone up.

Jyka puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms "I'll find that one guy someday!" she explained to him.

Another tired sigh came from Death, "Mortals and their delusions... "

~~~~~

WRITTEN BY: IHJockey622

The guy can write good, you guys. But like so far he has only uploaded a story with two Monster Hunter One-Shots and his own Journal thing. I am urging him to upload some more works. Do check him out though!

A/N: It is said that Death would sometimes take form in a form that would bring some sort of comfort to you. In a way if a Human dies he/she would see either a Human looking Death or at least a Humanoid looking shape. Same goes for animals, if they die, they might see Death as a bigger and darker colored version of their specie.