Athenaeum AU - Frost Part 3

It was raining today. A weather that some of the people of the RetBan Manor really favor, while some others hate, and the rest still favor, however are slightly annoyed by since this meant difficulty in getting to their jobs and probably even coming back. The ones who had to stay home were lucky, since they either had no job to worry about, had a day-off, or it's one of those days that is not part of their work schedule.

However, not everyone in the Manor was happy. In fact, just like the clouds on this rainy weather, Jyka's eyes did the same.

She was crying.

A month and almost two weeks ago, three days after the infamous Jack Frost was welcome into their humble abode, Efren came home that night and.. Let's just say that the two boys did not make a good first impression.

It started off with the fact that Jack had the water temperature set to an almost freezing point, a prank meant for Jyka, which Efren was informed of.

So being the protective boyfriend he was (and kinda possessive), he tried to make sure Jack didn't mistreat her ever again with a few threats here and there and simply by making sure Jyka and Jack are never in the same room.

Key word: Tried.

Of course, bumping into each other was inevitable since they both lived under the same roof. And when they do, they tend to argue about silly or pointless things, and a bit of Jyka desperately wanting to know why Jack is acting that way towards her. He may not have a good first impression with her, but at some point she just had the thought of wanting to be friends with him anyway.

Anyway, all that happened, and of course beloved boyfriend was there to notice, and then came one of his greatest faults slash weaknesses: Jealousy.

So long story short, the couple fought earlier today. Something about paying more attention to the other and possibly losing interest. And then Efren left for work, leaving a sobbing Jyka behind.

She was sitting on the toilet seat. The others were downstairs, Sidney and Thea probably working on a collaboration or sharing drawings, Kang in the kitchen busy eating all the food and Jack doing god knows what in the Manor.

All in all, they (probably) aren't able to hear her crying, also thanks to the rain that helped muffle the sounds.

Her body trembled as tears continued to flow down her cheeks, her hands rubbing her arms that were getting cold.

...A little too cold.

"Why are you crying?" A Chris Pine-like voice said from out of nowhere (in front of her), causing her head to snap upwards. Standing in front of her, looking down at her pathetic state of being would be Jack Frost. She noticed that he was wearing his blue hoodie again. Does he even wash it or does he have many hoodies just like it?

Other than that, one would probably scream as their first instinct, but Jyka was simply baffled to see him. She was pretty sure that she locked the door.

"How d-did you.. g-get in.. here?" She said, stuttering in between sobs or probably from the chilly feeling Jack's aura gave off.

Jack stared at her for a moment, taking in the sad sight of her weeping before shrugging "I slipped in from underneath the door by becoming fog or mist?" He replied, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well.. T-this is embarrassing then." Said she, wiping away her tears and taking deep breaths to calm herself lowering her head "Please go.. O-out."

"Not until you tell me why you're crying." He demanded.

"It's personal."

"Like that kind of stuff matters these days."

"It's just c-couple stuff.." By now, Jyka's breathing stabilized.