Chapter 30

(A/n: Sonny expresses my mood for this chapter😂 Enjoy!)

4 months later..

Valerie

I sat in my office staring ahead at the door. These people are supposed to be coming in today to discuss some business changes for Mr.Russell.

The though of what happened still hasn't left my mind. Everything just happened to occur so quickly. And I haven't seen Daya since. I feel tempted to go back to the place to look for her but, I'm scared to go alone.

And Odell's no help at all. All he does all day is lay up under that bitch Ciara. I just hope she leaves him.

I looked up as Mr.Russell walked into the room.

"Yes?" I smiled instantly.

"I'm leaving." He sighed.

I cleared my throat confused.

"What?"

He laughed sitting across from me.

"I'll be going to China for a couple weeks to pitch some ideas."

Will I just not have a job for a few weeks? Because most of the work I do is only for him..

"But, my son will be here making sure everything goes the way it's supposed to. He won't be in the way."

I nodded before he left the room.

Running over to the wall phone I answered it as it rang.

"Hello Valerie Brown speaking, how could I help you?"

"Uh... Can I get a large pizza?" Damn Crystal.

"No hoe!" I laughed. "What's up? Where's my baby?"

"He's out back playing with Jordan. Destiny came over too. GIRL I GOT SOME LEMONADE TO SPILL!"

I sighed.

In all honesty I'm tired of drama. Even though I have caused some problems I have, I somewhat solved them..

"What is it?" I annoyedly asked.

"ODELL'S ENGAGED!" She whisper yelled.

I heart literally sank.

"To.. To Ciara?" I asked clearing my throat.

"Yeah! He tells Jordan everything and ofcourse Jordan wasn't gonna NOT tell me."

I mentally nodded.

"Um.. That's.. That's good for him."

Crystal gasped.

"Vee I'm sorry if I upset you!"

"No no, it's all good," I laughed. "There's no chance in us anyway. I'm happy that he's happy."

"Yasss boo! You focus on you and this beautiful little boy like you've been doing."

I might as well except it.

I'll never have Odell.

Heather

I smiled as Ciara walked over to my table. I've always been so fond of her.

"Hello Ms.Heather!" She greeted hugging me.

"Hey honey, how are you?" I asked as she sat.

"I'm great," she smiled. "Yourself?"

"Amazing to the fact that you'll be my daughter-in-law soon!" I squeezed her hand.

She giggled.

"I'm really excited. I started planning already."

"I'll have to admit," I started. "I'm not so fond of Valerie. She's not as put together as you are. And honestly I don't think she can handle that little boy on the income she's making."

Ciara scrunched her nose shrugging.

"I don't know.." She sighed. "It's not my business. All that is for her and Odell I discuss. I'm just here to support his decisions."

I smiled at her slightly sipping my drink.

Valerie

Sighing I walked into the house placing my bag on the counter. Walking over to the kitchen, I look out the screen door at Dom. Once he sees me his face instantly lit up. Ugh he brightens my day so much.

No one understands the love I have for this little boy. It's completely unconditional. I'd do anything in my power to always keep him happy. Anything for my baby.

He ran over smiling placing his face against the glass. I tapped his nose smiling.

"Hey my bugga!"

"Hi my bugguh!" He mocked giggling.

He put his lips waiting for me to kiss him back. I smiled kneeling down.

"Mwah!"

He giggled running back over Destiny. She looked at me slowly smiling.

I waved as she returned the gesture. Hopefully she's not mad at me anymore.

Turning around I realized what was behind me.

Odell.

I smiled opening the fridge.

"Getting married huh?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Yeah, CiCi thought that it was too early but, I think it's perfect timing."

"If you're trying to make me mad you can stop trying right now, because I'm not having it." I blurted out.

He put his hands up in surrender before handing me a paper.

I frowned before looking at it.

Oh hell no.

He can't do this to me.

"No.. No Odell you can't take him from me!" I yelled a tear slipping from my eye.

"I can." He nodded. "Think of it this way, why would I bring Destiny over here everyday to see her brother when he could live with us? Come on Val, with this apartment and that low ass job you have how are you gonna get him what he needs?"

I sat quietly.

"Exactly, you can't. Ciara and I can do that for him. Just make this easier for yourself and sign the papers."

I shook my head crying silently.

"H-he's the only thing I have! That's my baby I refuse." I mumbled.

"You can refuse but, the court will handle this." He smiled before walking out back.

They can't take him from me. They just can't.

(A/n: I can't believe how mad some of ya'll were at Valerie😂 did that change? Mama Heather stepped in and gave her opinion😳 And Odell.. Guys! The story's almost over! 😭 I hope you've been enjoying!💖)