Chapter 2

Valerie

I laid in bed rubbing Eli's curly hair as he sat up staring at me. I had decided to take off work tomorrow just to relax and try to settle some financial stuff. Either way Mia wasn't letting me come in.

"You don't care do you? Do you wanna know your dada?" I asked taking his pacifier from him only for him to take it back.

"Oh. Alright." I laughed. "It doesn't matter anyway. He doesn't even know you exist. But, as long as you have mommy, grandma, auntie Tess and uncle Jordan you'll be fine right?"

He threw his little body back and whined.

"Okay. Somebody's sleepy." I said picking him up and rocking him.

"Goodnight baby."

-

I woke up to a loud banging downstairs. Sitting up quickly I looked at Eli to make sure he was still asleep. Thankfully my mom was right. He sleeps through anything.

Slipping on my sweatpants I ran downstairs to see Jordan hopping around the living room to some loud ass music.

"Nigga it's 10 am!" I yelled.

"I don't care," He said out of breath dancing. "Momma's gone and I have company coming over. I'm siced."

"Boy die." I said walking back upstairs.

-

"I see your girl post her bm, so I hit her in her dm, all eyes yeah I see'em, yeah this your man I hate to be him." I sang as my bluetooth speaker played.

I stood in the mirror of my bathroom fluffing my hair. I stopped singing abruptly as my phone starting ringing.

😘Crystii😍💖

"Crystal!!" I answered smiling while turning down the music.

"Hey! Whatchu doin girl?"

"Oh my God, we have things to talk about. You need to come over." I sighed.

"No problem, I'm at your bedroom door anyway."

Walking over the door opening it, she stood there a smile plastered on her face.

"Oh my God, I hate you." I laughed.

She came in and sat on my bed next to my still sleeping baby.

"So what's up?"

I sat down and explained what happened yesterday at the job and what my mom suggested.

"Wait, are you gonna tell this Elijah who his dad is?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"I think it's un-necessary.." I said bitting my nails. "He's got me and a roof over his head. Shouldn't that be enough?"

"I'd honestly say you're being selfish. This isn't about what you want. It obviously comes back to Eli. And he's gonna wanna know someday. You might as well let him meet the guy."

I groaned smacking my forehead.

"But you don't understand! This guy he's... He's-"

"A drug lord? I'd understand that."

"No!" I hollered. "He has a busy life and I don't wanna interrupt it."

"Whatever Val."

"Why must everyone catch an attitude with me?!" I yelled.

"Because," Crystal sighed. "You're stupid."

-

Odell

Driving through the Atlanta streets, I blasted some Future songs with my window rolled down. I love days like this, were I can just be free and do what I want.

Pulling into Jordan's driveway he stood there dancing some type of way.

"N-Nigga whatchu doing now?" I asked laughing.

"I missed you Odell. Get out so I can hug you."

Getting out the car, I patted his back before getting my bag out of the trunk.

"You, you stayin?" Jordan asked turning his music off.

I shrugged throwing the bag over my shoulder.

"For a week or so, if yo mom alright with that?" I asked walking inside.

Jordan turned around eyeing me.

"Boy, you know my momma obsessed with you. She'll say yes."

I laughed putting my bag on the couch. I turned and smirked at Jordan.

"Yo sister still livin' here?"

"Yeah they are. But don't mess wit' em. Ones crazy and one has a kid." He warned.

"Wait there's two?" I smiled widely.

"Oh my God," he groaned. "You knew dis nigga. We all hung out back in the day-Whatever I'm hungry. Let's get some smackables. You brought some?"

I looked down shaking my head.

"Uh, Odell. You never bring the good stuff-"

"Odell!"

This female ran up and jumped on me. I woulda automatically dropped her but, that'd be mean. Once she hopped off I realized who she was.

"Tess!" I said hugging her.

"It's been so long, I missed you boo!" She grinned.

Valerie

"Odell!"

I stopped in my tracks and looked around confused.

"Um.. Are you okay?" Crystal asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm hallucinating." I said rubbing my neck.

"Okay.."

"Aye Val come down here!" Jordan yelled up the stairs.

"I'll be back. Watch him.." I said poking to Eli on the floor playing with his toys.

Crystal nodded as I left the room.

Walking downstairs I gripped onto the railing for support. Lord only knows what Jordan wants.

Turns out I wasn't hallucinating. It was actually there. He was actually there.

Odell.

He smiled at me widely.

"I remember you!" He yelled embracing me. "You used to be so puny and short. Well still are a bit short... But! You've grown!"

I stood there staring at him as he rambled on. I felt as if I was losing my stability.

"I-Um.. Odell I'm sorry. I don't feel good." I said before jolting upstairs.

Once inside my room, I covered my face and began to cry.

"Whoa, what's wrong?" Crystal asked standing up rushing over to me.

"I'm fine. I-I just wanna rest a bit. I'll um.. Call you later." I whispered.

She nodded and then left.

I wiped my eyes looking down at Eli on the carpet staring at me.

"Mommy's fine," I smiled picking him up. "Let's take a nap."