Chapter 24

Valerie

I laid on my stomach on my phone scrolling through my instagram feed. Nothing new or interesting.. Placing my phone on the nightstand I slowly turning on my side as I felt a muscular arm snake around my waist.

Odell.

I smiled giving his lips alittle peck.

He instantly pushed my face away after.

"Uh uh, don't kiss me til' I get an answer."

I rolled my eyes getting up.

After our date yesterday Odell asked me to be his girlfriend. I don't mind being all kissy with him and stuff but, with all the drama still current we don't need a title right now. Elijah's parents are enough.

Grabbing me by my waist Odell pulled me back onto his chest. Laying there I plucked his nose before he bit my finger.

"So," I sighed. "What are you gonna do about Daya?"

"I'm gonna go and get one of those paternal blood test done."

There's this thing I've always wanted to ask Odell but, I felt I would be rude. But, hey. Is it what it is.

"Are you sure Destiny is yours?"

He looked at me quickly basically pushing my head away.

"Yes, I'm sure! That's my baby. Why would you say something like that?"

I shrugged.

"Don't say shit like that again."

I rolled my eyes actually leaving the room this time.

"Don't tell me you got an attitude now?" Odell asked smacking his lips.

"I don't but, you do. And I don't have time to deal with it." I answered going into the kitchen.

I stopped abruptly as I noticed Dom throwing and kicking balls at the wall. Even though this looked like the cutest moment right now, his lil' ass know better.

"ODELL THE THIRD!"

Stopping quickly he dropped the ball shaking his face. He pointed to the marks on the wall looking at me.

"I no did dat mommy. Dessie did!"

Sighing I picked him up, pinching him.

"Stop lying on her."

He instantly starting crying. Putting him on the couch, I went back into the kitchen to find something to make for lunch.

Odell walked over with him eyebrows furrowed.

"Why's he crying Valerie?"

I got a pot from the cabinet placing it on the stove.

"Because, he's bad. Bad children get punishments."

Odell picked Dom up rubbing his back.

"You don't have the right to put your hands on him." He mumbled.

"And you don't have the right to tell me how to discipline MY child!" I raised my voice. "You can't keep on babying him Odell, how is he ever gonna learn anything? I don't want my son a stuck up snob like you are."

"Shut up." He whined.

"Suck my pussy." I walked away.

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH INFRONT OF MY SON!"

Daya

I slowly walked up the stairs of this warehouse building. Knocking on the large door twice, it quickly opened. This tall droopy eyed man answered the door halfway.

"Daya!" He chuckled. "Come in."

He grabbed my arm pulling me along with him. I sighed still following.

I'm so glad I left this lifestyle. I was so tired of these high, drunk, drugged niggas thinking they could do whatever they wanted to me and my baby girl.

If anything, I'm glad Odell took Destiny. Even though I seemed very ungrateful for his help, if she wasn't with him I felt like with her being in this type of environment, I'd have to burry my child. And I would never forgive myself for my choices. Thank God things changed.

After walking up a large staircase this man led me to a large room were people stood around every corner, shooting up, smoking most likely (deadly) substances, selling there bodies, everything. You name it.

Looking forward I saw who I came here for. Him. Walking over slowly I tapped on his shoulder. He slowly turned around smiling.

"Daya baby, nice to see you."

"Shawn.." I mumbled looking down.

He grabbed my chin forcing me to look up.

"You gon' look at me when I'm talking to you ight?" He loudly spoke.

I nodded looking back up.

"Where's Destiny?"

"She's.. Uh.. With my cousin right now." I lied.

"You gon' bring her to see me?"

I nodded slowly.

He sat down pulling me onto his lap. I sat awkwardly waiting for him to talk.

"Ion want that girl Tessa calling me anymore about this Valerie girl, who is she anyway?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes looking down.

"Odell's girl.."

"Odell's girl? Interesting.. Look I'll make you a deal."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"For what?" I spat.

He grabbed my hair yanking it alittle.

"You want her gone don't you?!"

I felt like my heart stopped. Valerie can't die. Not because of me. Too many people would hate me for her dying. The relationship Destiny has with her is stronger than our own. Odell would despise me. I can't let that happen.

"No Shawn! I don't. Tessa does not me-"

"Then I want a million." He interrupted.

"Million what?"

"Dollars you dumb ass!" He pushed me off his lap.

Wincing at the pain, I slowly got up.

"How?" I whined.

"Figure it out, while you at it get rid of that thing inside of you and come back to living in luxury." He smiled gesturing around.

I would never get rid of the one child I would actually have with Odell..

He waved over this skinny boy with curly hair. He looks familiar.

"Yeah boss?" Thick accent..

"Aug, let this bitch out for me."

He nodded grabbing my arm leading me out.

My own cousin, still making dumb ass choices..

"August, I thought you were done with this shit!" I whisper yelled.

He opened the door shoving me.

"I gotta do what I got to Daya."

With that he shut the door leaving me stranded out in the streets.

(A/n: Short but updating again later today! I hope you enjoyed🙃 thoughts on this craziness? Odell and Valerie's date went well. Kinda..)