Chapter 12

Valerie

"Odell didn't mean what he said hunny! He was just playin'!"

Sighing I face palmed.

"With all due respect Miss Heather, I didn't have a problem with Odell seeing Eli. But, honestly if he doesn't want to ACTUALLY take care of his child I don't care."

"That's not it Valerie!" She yelled. "I want to be in my grandchild's life, no child should have a broken family."

"Broken family?"

She scoffed looking at me under eyed.

"I know you and your people aren't that stable.."

Standing I grabbed my phone.

"Wow," I laughed. "I don't need your opinion."

She stood as well, getting into my view of walking away.

"Look Valerie, I'm sorry. Can I please just keep Eli one day? I promise I won't leave to go anywhere and let him stay with a stranger."

I giggled understanding what she was referring to.

"Sure Miss Heather. I'll be busy packing up to move and such so you can keep him the next few days."

She smiled widely pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you so much! You don't understand how happy I am."

-

Odell

"Ooooo daddy come on let's go outside today! Or oh oh daddy! No, let's go to the park! Ooooooo I got it let's go swimming!"

4 days. I've been stuck with this little girl for 4 WHOLE days. She's sassy, annoying and doesn't stop talking. My head hurts and I'm running out of excedrin.

"Destiny can we just-"

"Oh let's color! I haven't colored in awhile! My coloring book is dry! No let's-"

"DESTINY SHUT UP!"

She gasped standing in the corner frowning.

"Sorry, sorry." She muttered looking down.

Walking over to her I knelt down to her height, touching her shoulder, she flinched.

"Don't hurt me!" She sobbed.

I frowned sitting infront of her.

"Why would I hurt you?" I asked gently grabbing her chin to look up at me.

"Because," She stopped talking looking up at me. "I-it's nothing! I'm just being silly ol' me."

She hopped over my leg before I stood up.

"Destiny is that it? Are you sure there's nothing you need to tell me?"

She stood there thinking starring at me.

"Yeah!! Everything is gucci. A okay!"

I shook my head as she ran away. Pulling my phone out I scrolled threw my contacts stopping at Daya's. I pressed called waiting for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Daya, it's me." I replied.

"Obviously boy, what you want?"

"Well I wanted to know if-"

"Shawn stop!" Daya interrupted laughing.

"What? Who's Shawn?" I asked.