23

One Week Later
We are going to the hospital today and they are taking my mom off life support. I have been dreading this day since the doctor told me last week. Solo has not been taking it easy at all. She doesn't even want to go today but I am forcing her to go.

I just woke up and I am down stairs cooking breakfast. Yes, I can cook. Don't try it. I didn't cook anything big, just some pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

I heard some footsteps walking behind me. I turned around to see Solo. She has been depressed and so out of it. She cried everyday and I try my best to cheer her up.

"Hey Solo"

"Hey Thu" she said sitting down. I could tell she was about to break down.

I went over to her chair and hugged her. She hugged me back and I tried to cheer her up. While trying so I found myself crying and we both ended up crying.

I wanted to stay strong for her so bad but to see her like this was so hard and to think about my mom dying is even worse.

Jay walked in on the catastrophe and had a guilty look.

"Come on. Both of you."

We got up and went to him. He dragged us to the living room from the kitchen and sat us down on the couch.

"Now both of y'all going to have to pull it together. Your mother does not want you to be sad. I can be sure of that. She has lived her life and if she was here to tell you that she would have. Y'all have to stay strong for her. It's sad, I've been through it but she is in a better place were she doesn't have to be in pain anymore. She is in finally at peace.. and that is what she deserves."

Everything he said was true. We have to stay strong for momma and I know she doesn't want us to be sad on this day.

I got up and went to the bathroom and pulled myself together before getting Solo some tissue.

"Come on solo, he's right. We have to do this for her so she can be at peace."

"I know Bey, this is so hard. What am I going to do without my momma."

"We will figure that out. But right now we have to get to the hospital before they send her off."

That's what we are saying instead of 'putting her down' or 'pulling the plug'. They seem so harsh.

"Okay. I'm just ready to get this over with." She got up and went to her room.

"Let's go eat baby." Jay said grabbing my hand.

We walked in the kitchen and he say me down while he made our plates.

"Can you make Solo a plate so I can go take it to her."

"Sure thing."

He made our plates and put it on the table and he went back and made Solo plate. When he was done I took it from him and walked upstairs.

I went upstairs and knocked on Solo door.

"Solo, open up."

She didn't answer.

I turned the knob and seen her on her bed in a ball.