2

"You know I'm a criminal right?"

He didn't say anything. Instead he just looked straight ahead at the long dry desert rode ahead.

"You know it's all your fault right?"

He looked at me again and back at the road. I looked at him waiting for a answer.

"How is it my fault" he said keeping his eyes on the road.

"I told you I didn't want to do it. Why did you think you could rob that big ass bank anyway" I mumbled the last part.

"The only reason we got caught was because a police car just so happened to drive by the bank. And when you told me you didn't think it was a good idea, I asked you did you still want to do the job, what did you say..?"

"Whatever Corey." I said rolling my eyes.

"You said yes!"

"Okay, so what is your point. That doesn't change the fact that we are basically running from the cops, now does it"

"Alright Beyoncé, let's not do this now. I have not seen you in two weeks and I just want to be with you"

"Okay so when do you want to 'do this' because I'm a criminal right now" I said raising my voice a tad.

He sighed and gripped the wheel. I just smacked
my lips. Maybe I should have stayed in the cabins.

We went another maybe 100 miles in silence. He has been trying to make conversation but I would just shut it down.

"Look, there's a motel, maybe we can stop so you can get some rest"

"I'm fine Bey, we just need to get to the border"

The only reason I said we need to stop was because he has been driving ever since we left the cabins. I know he is tired because I'm tired and I haven't even been driving.

"I know your tired babe. Just one night." I begged. Even though I was mad at him I still cared. "Please?"

He looked at me and knew I was worried about him.

"Fine"

I smiled in satisfaction when I got what I wanted.

He pulled into the parking lot and we got out the car. He tucked his gun under his shirt and we walked in the motel.

"You got money?"

"Yeah, I still got some from the bank."

We opened the door and white man looked at us.

"Hey, how may I help you"

"Yes can we get a room for two"

Corey handled the cost and all that stuff as I just looked on. He got the key to the room and I grabbed the bag of food and made our way to the room.

I put the bags down on the chair next to the door.

"This is pretty decent for a motel." He said looking around.

"Yeah."

We both sat on separate end of the bed. I looked at him and he looked at me so I quickly looked away.

"Bey, we need to talk"

"Okay"

"So I know all of this is new to you and you are not use to this. But just know baby I got you. We not gone get caught." He held my hand "Okay?"

"Why? Why should I believe anything you tell me anymore. You told me that everything was going to be good. You told me we was going to get married and have kids but I can't do none of that shit now, you know why" I stopped waiting on him to answer. "Because I'm a fucking convict. There are people looking for me. How do you think my mom feels, my little sister, my friends." A tear ran down my cheek but he wiped it away. "How do you think I feel? Hmm. My life is ruined because of you." I cried into his chest as he held me.

I got out of his grip and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself and its was just like the day at the cabin all over again. I wiped my face and went back in the room and got in the bed.

"You not gone let me talk."

"I just want to go to sleep Shawn, please"

"Nah man, you gone listen to me"

I sat up and looked at him. "What"

"Listen, we are going to get through this together. I am not going to let anything happen to you and I put that shit on my momma grave. From now on, we don't have to do shit else. We going to head for the border and once we get to Canada we not coming back ever. I just need you to trust me babe. We gone pull this out. I promise you that"

I smirked at him being all aggressive. That shit turns me on. I guess I could let up a little considering that he was in the same place I was. BUT he has been through this before, the only difference was that he got caught. You would think that he would stop but, not this one.

"Beyoncé!!?"

"Huh"

"You good"

"Yeah, I'm straight"

"Did you hear what I said.?"

"Yeah"

"So? Do you trust me? Do you believe me?"

"I don't know Corey. I will have to work on it. I just can't believe I'm in this situation."

"Trust me Bey, I got you."

"Okay baby. You need to get some rest."

"You right"

He kissed my forehead and I laid back down. He went on the other side of the bed and took his clothes off. He got in the bed and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He felt so good to be in his embrace. For the first time in a long time, I smiled a happy smile. I was actually happy.

Soon after, we were both knocked out.

*

*
4:12 a.m.
BOOM ! BOOM! "Open up"

This chapter was a piece of shit. 🙄 I'm sorry for the sucky writing it will get better though.