M&A || Nora &Tyler

Nora & Tyler

One year later. . .

Life was never the same after I had too much to drink, and ending up sleeping with two men who weren't my mate. I still feel terrible about it and I always will. But I would never take it back, not for a second. Sure, what I did was absolutely terrible, but if it didn't happen, I would never have my beautiful boy who is the sole reason why I get up in the morning.

My son, Sammie, is the light in my life. And for both Tyler and I, he was the reason we were brought back together. Sammie needs a father and Tyler is the man to do that job even if they aren't biologically related. Blood doesn't make a family. That is what I have taken away from my faults.

Still, we do not know who his real father is as both men were killed on the bloody battlefield against the BlueMoon Pack. If I'm being one hundred percent honest, I am happy both of those men did die because if they hadn't, I'm pretty sure Tyler wouldn't have agreed to go along with being Sammie's father. Only Tyler, myself, Mia and Lucas know the truth and for as long as we can, it will remain that way.

It would be great to say that the pain and tears no longer lingered, but they did. The beginning was hard, but Tyler said repeatedly that he has forgiven me. If only he was telling the truth. The way he looks at me, and touches me, and kisses me, they are always so empty like we are strangers.

At least Sammie is happy. He has two parents who love him even if they may not love each other and he has a little sister thanks to Mia and Lucas. Mia and Lucas named their daughter Lily in remembrance of our friend who lost her life. Mia too never recovered from that, but she puts on a brave face for her family like I do with mine.

Beyond our blood families, the RedMoon pack, entirely our family, is thriving more than it has ever had. Thanks to Mia, peace negotiations flowed through all packs agreeing to end the tension between everyone. Mia knew that peace had to be created to make sure Lily wouldn't enter a world where she was a pawn in another vengeful wolf game.

A knock sounded on the door, pulling me out of my train of thought. Tyler stood there staring at me though the stare he gave was different than usual. It wasn't full of hurt or disgust; two things I believed he constantly looked at me with. His stare was soft and bright, almost as if the past year never happened. His expression wasn't the old one I fell in love with, but it wasn't the constant one where it felt like knives were piercing my heart every two seconds.

"I thought we could go for a walk," his said, voice even.

"W-why?" I stuttered. My heart was beating erratically.

Tyler chuckled a little and my breath caught. This wasn't the same awake but sleepwalking man that I've grown to expect. "Do I need a reason to ask my mate to go for a walk?"

My eye looked down at the floor. I couldn't look into his eyes. Him calling me his mate brought back all of my feelings for him, but I couldn't expect anything or ask anything. I am not and never was deserving of him. I wasn't deserving of my family which is why I was a rogue before Mia took me under her wing.

"I'm sorry," I choked out. This sorry was different than the thousand others I have given him. I said those sorry's because I was alone and scared for my child. I meant those sorry's, but none of them were as nearly true as this one. The brave face I have glued on crumbled into a billion pieces and tears began to unleash themselves from my eyes.

Tyler was quick to be at my side. His hand cupped my chin and lifted my face until my eyes met his. He used the pad of his thumb to brush away each of the falling drops.

"Nora, I don't need to go on a walk for the fresh air to tell you this. You hurt me so much when I found out what you did. And you changed me. I don't see everything the same way and when it came to me seeing you," he swallowed, "it hurts even more. I know I have been checked out for what as felt like forever, but I never stopped loving you. Not for a second."

Tyler's lips found mine. Our lips moved back and forth gently at first before the kiss began fast and erratic like we were each other's oxygen. These kisses were far better than the ones when we first met. Because these ones meant that we could get through anything.

I pulled my lips away from his. His eyes stared down at me, clouded with passion. "I never stopped loving you either." We stayed in silence for a second longer before I started rambling about how terrible and undeserving I was of him. And the actual truth of what happened. I never told Tyler that I was so drunk when it happened that I barely knew what was going on.

"I know, Nora. Mia told me what happened."

"What? When?"

"It doesn't matter, Nora. Because I love you and I never will stop loving you. And our son."

*****

Thank you so much for reading and be sure to check out my newly published werewolf story title Heart of Glass!