Chapter 17-Brother's Arrival

I felt like I was dying. My nerves were getting to me. I had thoughts flying through my head like what if I fall down the stairs or what if they hate me.

Nora left me to enter the ball five minutes ago even though it felt much longer. I was entering all alone. Alone.

I didn't know how Lucas could be so calm about this. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who craves attention. On the contrary, he must be used to it considering he grew up as a royal due to his family. Where even though I'm the alpha's daughter no one cared about me. Because I was the daughter.

The longer it took for the guards to tell me to enter, the more I was dying inside. They had me wait in a small room two hallways away from where everything was happening. The suspense was killing me.

"Miss, are you ready to enter?" One of the guards questioned. He looked like he was nineteen years old. His skin was pale white and he had blonde hair. I've never seen him before.

"Not really..." I spoke back in a shaky voice. The guard looked puzzled.

"Are you okay?" He questioned. I don't think it's normal for someone to be so afraid of entering a room.

"No, not really. I'm scared I will make a fool of myself."

"You don't have to be scared. You're a royal here. People can't judge you. And so what if you make a fool of yourself. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure you've faced something a lot worse than this you can handle it." He said with a reassuring look on his face.

He was right. I have been through a lot worse. One event immediately came to my mind. When I was labeled a traitor by my own mate.

"Thank you," I said. I actually found comfort in his words.

He nodded his head and opened up the white door to let me make my grand entrance. Before I stepped completely in the hallway, I needed to ask him a question

"What's your name?"

"Aiden. And yours?"

"Mia. I look forward to seeing you again Aiden."

"Likewise."

I walked out into the hallway and made my way to the ballroom. The nerves fainted after talking to him. I sincerely hope I get to see him again. Sometime soon.

As I arrived at the outside door that led into the ballroom, I stopped and took a deep breath. I gave a nod to the guards and the doors opened. The music then stopped and everyone looked up to watch me enter. I stepped forward onto the balcony to let my gaze reach Lucas.

Lucas POV

When the doors flung open and my eyes reached my Mia, my heart melted. She looked extraordinary. Her hair shined under the light thanks to the sparkles Nora gave her. Her dress was extravagant. I've never seen anyone who looked as beautiful as she did then. I was lucky to call her mine.

Mia POV

I could see Lucas' mouth fall open when he saw me. No soul moved, blinked, or took their eyes off of me. I began walking down the stairs. Not too fast to make sure I didn't fall.

When I reached the bottom, Lucas was there to greet me. He took one of my hands and planted a gentle kiss on the center. We then began walking towards the center of the room. Each person clearing the way to let us by. We found ourselves alone on the dance floor as everyone stared at us in awe.

Lucas then bowed and I curtsied. Lucas took both of my hands and led me through a dance. Our first dance.

"I love you, Mia," Lucas told me once the dance concluded.

"I love you too, Lucas."

Everyone spent the entire evening dancing, laughing and stuffing their faces with dessert. I, on the other hand, pretty much sat in the throne. As much as I thought I would hate it, the throne wasn't that bad. I could see everything from it. Everything.

Nora and Tyler were off in the corner dancing away the night. I don't think they took one break. Lucas was off talking to everyone. I was glad he was having a good time. He deserves it.

One person did catch my attention. I saw him staring at me over by the door that leads to the gallery. It was startling to see him here. His name is Jeremy. He was one of Jackson's best friends when they were younger. I'm assuming since he decided to crash the party, something isn't right. I immediately got up from the throne and headed towards the gallery to talk to him. It had to have been important. The closer I got to him, the more he went through rooms. I chased him in high heels up until the last room.

"Jeremy, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. Jackson. He's planning something big."

"What do you mean?!? What can be that big that you would betray him by coming here? We are already aware he plans on killing Lucas and me."

"I don't know his exact plan, but they are here, tonight."

Tyler POV

I saw Mia looked startled when she looked over at the gallery. She rushed towards it. I think she saw someone from her old pack. But who?

"Nora, I'll be back. Don't leave this spot. You hear me?"

Nora nodded. She was scared. We both knew something big was happening. I rushed towards Lucas to let him know what was going on.

"Lucas, I need to talk to you now. Now."

He knew from my tone that something happened.

"Where's Mia?" He said in a scared tone.

"I saw her follow someone into the gallery. I've never seen him before. I don't think he is one of us."

"Let's go," Lucas demanded.

Lucas and I ran through each connecting room with no sign of Mia. It wasn't until Lucas noticed a door opened behind the curtain. No one was supposed to know about that.

We entered into a pitch black room. Lucas flung the lights on only to find the mystery boy holding a knife to Mia's neck and one hand over her mouth.

Mia POV

I should've felt a sense of relief when I saw Tyler and Lucas. But I didn't. They didn't have Nora. I instantly bit Jeremy's hand forcing him to release me. I ran towards Lucas. He gave me a big hug. In the meantime, Tyler charged forward. He kicked him in the head making him go unconscious.

Tears began streaming down my face.

"Where's Nora!" I shouted

"She in the ballroom."

"We have to get her. They're here."

"Who's here?" Tyler yelled. He was worried about Nora.

"My brother," I said in a stern tone. Everyone went silent for a second until Tyler bolted out of the room.

I followed Tyler through the enormous crowds of people. I couldn't see Nora over their heads,

"I left her right here. I told her to stay here." Tyler said in a panic.

I removed the stone Nora gave me from my neck. I placed it in my hand and shut my eyes trying to focus on finding her. Nora had some of the witches make two stones for Nora and me so that we could communicate if something were to happen. She feared something would happen like this as soon as I told her my story.

I could hear her screaming and crying out for help. She was being dragged by silver chains that a tall black figure was carrying. I could hear the man yelling at her to shut up. They were in a room. I've been there, but I couldn't pinpoint the exact location for a second.

I opened up my eyes to see Tyler and Lucas staring at me in fright.

"My brother has her. They're in the Alpha House waiting for you."