Chapter 11-The Escape

I stayed up all night sitting in my bed watching for the clock to strike midnight. The time has finally come for me to return to my new home. I threw on dark blue jeans, a gray long-sleeved shirt and combat boots. Before I left, I wrote a 'nice' letter to Jackson thanking him for his hospitality.

I slowly crept down the stairs try not to wake Jackson up. If I got caught, I had no idea what my excuse would be this time. It felt like Christmas when I made it out of our front door undetected. I ran across the dirt road but slow enough not to wake the highest advisors.

No one was watching over the barn when I arrived. I placed a saddle on Clover and made my retreat. I knew there would still be guards out but not that many of them so I stuck with a path I used to travel when I was younger. It was very overgrown with lush plants which made traveling difficult. However, the path is on the very outskirts of his territory making it an easy getaway.

Clover and I were continuing on our journey and we had just crossed the border between our territory and Jackson's territory. A sense of relief rushed through me, but that was short lived.

Clover halted once we noticed there was a wide branch blocking the rest of the path. I hopped off of her and attempted to move it. The more I tried, the more I felt my injury get worse. At times the pain was so sharp, I thought the gash reopened itself and I would be trapped in that prison room with the doctors even longer.

My attempt was cut short when a black figure began running towards me from Lucas' land. Time felt like it was speeding up. When the figure got near I slid under him and cornered him next to a tree.

"Tyler!" I whispered.

"Mia? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Fine. Me first. I'm going onto your brother's territory to gather intel for Lucas."

"I already have a lot. I'm coming from my father's funeral. I need to speak with Lucas at once. He is not prepared for this battle. My brother is going to the extreme. Anyways, I can't lift up the branch. Can you?"

Tyler nodded and lifted the branch up. He acted as if he was picking up a feather.

"C'mon! We have to go now. The rest of the guards are coming out in a half hour."

Tyler and I both jumped onto Clover in an attempt to bypass the guards. Clover started to get tired which made this journey a lot longer. By the time we reached the barn, the sun was already rising.

"Will you be fine putting the horse away? I have to attend a meeting with Lucas in ten minutes. Do you want me to tell him that you're coming to talk to him?"

"I'll be fine putting the horse away. Don't tell him because I'm not sure if I'm going just yet. I need to, but I haven't talked to him since the incident. I'm nervous."

"You'll figure out what to say. You always figure out what to do." Tyler smiled and then bolted. Why is Tyler being so nice to me? I would think we're in a relationship if I didn't know any better.

"You can do this." I kept whispering over and over. I hadn't realized I was standing in the barn for twenty minutes. If anyone saw me they'd probably think I was crazy. I quickly threw my hair into a bun and set out for his office. Each step I took was agonizing, but I had to. I had to tell Lucas about Jackson. No matter how much it hurt to stand in a room with him.

"Mia!"

I turned around only to find out it was my nurse.

"What do you want Rose?" I said as cheerfully as possibly. This wasn't exactly the greatest moment to be interrupted.

"I haven't been able to find you ever since you were discharged."

"That's because I was discharged," I told her unpleasantly. She looked at me with a frown.

"You have to come with me!"

"Why do I have to do that?"

"Th doctor wants to see you. He said that he saw you horseback riding which could have caused some damage." I let out a huge sigh and followed her back to the prison.

Jackson POV

"Mia! I made coffee. You better get down here before it gets cold. Mia!"

I walked up to her room to see what was the problem. She never misses having coffee in the morning. When I opened the door, she wasn't there and her bed was neatly made almost as if she was never here. I walked over to her bed to find a note.

Don't fuck with my love big brother.

Love,

Mia

"That bitch," I said under my breath. I quickly made my way to Stuart's house.

"Stuart! She's gone!"

"Who's gone, my sir?"

"Mia! She left in the middle of the night. I want your guards to search every inch of those woods and find her. There will be consequences if they don't. Do I make myself clear?!?"

Stuart gave a slight nod. He was worried what I'd do to him if they couldn't find her. Right, he was. I'd make him pay for having stupid guards who can't even keep a dumb sixteen-year-old girl from escaping.

Mia was the key to everything. If we break her, we break him. It was that simple.

Mia POV

"I'm fine doctor!"

"Actually your not. You have some minor nerve damage. I suggest you start physical therapy to build up your strength. You're going to need it."

"Is that all?"

"One more thing. You're not allowed to do any horseback riding, lifting, running, or any other physical activity besides walking until further notice. Do I make myself clear?"

I gave him a nod hoping that he will let me see Lucas.

"In that case, you're free to go."