Chapter 14

"Of...you".

He looks down, saddened by my answer.

"I've never felt safer beside anyone, while at the same time, I've never felt more scared of the same person" I barely make a sound, it was all a whisper.

"What is it that you're scared of" he softly says, while making his voice edge with slight dismay.

"You can make me trust you and feel safe, but I know you almost killed me. I could physically feel it. You took more blood than Andy, even." I paused again, then swallowed the lump in my throat, "I know you don't want to drink it in the first place. And that's how I feel safe. But you didn't mean to take as much as you did. I know it. And that's what scares me".

He gets up, and I instantly lean back, but I'm stopped by the wall of the truck's box. 'He must be so angry..'

He goes in front of me and moves the hair from my eyes, he has a painful expression written on his face. He moves slightly forward to my face. And I do the same. I close my eyes and feel his lips press against mine. He pulled me in for an embrace, holding around my waist with one arm and the other held the back of my head. I felt my face get warm, his lips were so soft... I felt butterflies in my stomach. But then... something felt weird. I felt dizzy. He relaxed his arms and I fell into them. I felt him kiss my forehead and squeeze me for a hug, just holding me. Then whispered to my ear, "I'm so sorry..".
Everything went black after that.

I woke up in my room. 'What happened last night...' I thought. I couldn't remember anything past getting my milkshake. I remember listening to music with him. What else....

A little clock on my nightstand caught my attention. It was 12:30pm. I got up and out of bed, then went downstairs. Jordan was there alone making pancakes.

"Jordan...?" I ask, "it's past noon, you should be sleeping..." I say while yawning.

"Well everyone went out and left me to take care of you! Oli said you felt sick after the milkshake and passed out, were you feeling sick before that?" He asked.

"What..? Uh... No I didn't.. I don't really remember last night though to be honest" I said while frowning. He dished me up some pancakes and passed the syrup. Then, he frowned a bit,

"How does your mouth feel" he asked bluntly.

"My.. Mouth?" I ask. He nods, "uh, kind of weird, like numb I guess you could say" I said then held my tongue, "yeah, kind of numb".

He hit the counter and took out his phone. I went to talk, but he held up a finger to silence me, "have you visited the dentist recently? Any numbing agents in there?" He asks, but obviously knows the answer. I shook my head, then he walked outside to talk on the front porch on a call. I heard inaudible yelling from outside. After awhile, he finally came back with a red face,

"what is it?" I asked in concern. He looked angry,

"Eat your pancakes" was all he said.

"Jordan-" I started, but he quickly cut me off.

"-Just... Just eat your pancakes please, I stayed up late to make them. The other will be home soon" He said, clearly unimpressed. I nodded like I was in trouble and quietly finished my plate.

After awhile of awkwardly sitting at the table, with Jordan who was fuming across from me, the main doors opened. He quickly got up and pulled Oliver back outside and closed the doors behind him. Matt came over to me smiling, "so a little birdie told me you had a little date with our Olibur" he hums.

"Well shit, I don't even remember it." I mumbled back.

The yells from outside became more clear as they got louder.