Chapter 7

"Tessa, I think you can explain it better than me," Nile said.

"There was a prophecy, a while ago," Tessa said. "It goes like this:

"Twice challenged three times,

The following read the signs.

Of the strength from beyond.

Trouble come, the master respond

And the following had vision.

Their world or the world is the decision."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"We aren't 100% sure, but we have a guess. We're the following, and you might be the master. Twice challenged three times is most likely a total of six."

"What about the vision?"

Tessa didn't respond as quickly. "Either the world or the school is going to be destroyed."

I looked around the room. Everyone was looking at Tessa except Nile. She was looking at the floor and moving a pool of water with only the motion of her hand.

"And you know that's me?"

"We're pretty sure," Tenya said. "An elemental master is the only type of master. Plus, the only two people who have discovered their specialty in year 8 are the two rarest powers."

"So I'm going to save the world?" I asked.

"Or destroy it and save the school," Ace said.

"So six times? Is that before I start battling for the world?" I asked.

"So far it's been two. And if you make it through all the rounds of the Showdown, that's three more," Loch said.

"So there will be one more?"

Nile stood up and the puddle stopped moving. "Anthony is missing quite a few of his goons, so he'll probably lay low for a while. I'm going to get some food from my room. We'll continue your training tomorrow." Nile walked out with Loch and Tessa.

"Sorry about all that," I said to Griffin. "I got out of control. I didn't mean to cause that many problems with my powers and everything."

He laughed. "You're fine. It was actually kind of fun."

"Fun?"

"Ace and I have this thing. He turns out the lights, making more shadows for me and most people can't do anything because they get caught off guard and then I get the upper hand. But good move blasting the shadow with the fire. It took Nile a while to figure that out."

"Really?"

"Yep. I'm going to eat. It's almost 8:00."

"Ok. I'm going to stay here for a little longer."

"Don't worry about Nile. She doesn't like people knowing about the prophecy. I think she still sort of thinks it her, and if it's not, then she feels bad for putting the pressure on someone else."

"Nile can feel bad for people?" I asked sarcastically. "But she seems so-"

"I know. But you don't know her at all. Just give her a little space and she'll be fine."

I nodded. "Ok. Is this school always this complicated?"

He shrugged. "There's something new every year. But this time it's pretty big, mostly because of you and Emma."

"Sorry about that."

He smiled a little and waved his hand dismissively. "I'm just glad it's happening my last year. If it had been any early, I wouldn't have been prepared, and I don't think anyone else would be either."