Chapter 1 - The First Day

I was sitting in my first period class... Ceramics. I love it honestly just sometimes it can get to be a little frustrating.. I loved the teacher, she is so nice and had my cousin when she went here. I was sitting with my friends when Mrs. K asked us to stop for a minute. I stopped, but I hadn't turned around to look at her yet.

"Everybody, this is Nathan. He is a new student here... I hope you all welcome him and don't be the mean people I know you to be." Now I had to turn around because nobody could stop laughing. I looked to see a clean cut guy standing next to Mrs. K. "Nathan why don't you take the empty seat next to Laney." She pointed a the empty chair an he nodded. He walked over and took a seat. He saw what I was working on and smiled. I really want to know why he hasn't said a word yet. Mrs.K walked over to me and put her hand slightly on my back. "Laney, this is Nathan. Can you please explain to him what we are working on so far?" "Sure!"

Mrs. K walked away and I turned and looked at my friends real quick.. I saw them all mouth 'oh my god he is so hot!!'. I just laughed and turned back to Nathan. "Ok so what we are working on is creating two pinch pots that have some resemblance to each other... It can be color, shape, texture... really anything... I am not sure if she is going to have to start on the project or not but it isn't as easy as it looks..." He just nodded and kept looking at me like there was more to the 'story'. "I guess that's pretty much it... We sketched our ideas in the beginning but that's all we have done so far." He nodded again... This nodding is starting to piss me off...

I walked up to Mrs. K and I knew she was going to ask about Nathan. "I explained everything, what now?" "Well I don't want to get him started on his own considering how far we are already... Do you think he can work with you?" "yeah I guess so..." "Thank you! Is there anything you have noticed about him that you think I should know?" "Well, he doesn't really seem to talk much... That's really it.:" "Ok thank you."

I walked back to my seat to see Nathan looking at my sketches. For the first time ever I heard him speak. "These are brilliant!" Oh my god....... He is British... #Dyinginside!!! "Thanks... So you are British?" I let out a slight chuckle and he laughed a little too. "What gave it away? My charming good looks?" "Maybe the accent..." We both laughed and my friends gave me the jealousy look... "So Mrs. K wants us to work together since it is to far into the project for you to start your own. Is that ok with you?" "From your drawings, it is what is going to get me to pass this class..." "Haha, thanks Nathan."

We spent the rest of class going over the design and what it is supposed to look like. After first period we have homeroom so we got a little more time to just sit and talk about whatever we wanted. "Can I see your schedule Nathan?" "for the last time call me Nath, and sure." He handed me his schedule and I quickly looked over it. When I saw 3rd period a little hint of excitement shot through me. "It looks like we have every class together..." He had a cheeky grin and I have to admit it kind of freaked me out... "Thank god! At least I will know somebody!" "Yes, you will..." "So Laney... Do you drive?" "Yes, but after school I have tennis practice... and that won't end till probably a little after 4:00. Why?" "Well I don't really have a ride home.... I was going to ask if you could drive me, but you have tennis. I can just walk." "You can come to practice with me... I mean there won't be much to watch, but after I can take you home! Unless you don't wanna stay after which I completely understand." ":No! That would actually be awesome! Thanks"

After the bell rang we walked off to Spanish class. When we walked in had a really nervous look on his face. "Don't worry the teacher is really nice!" "Thanks." He walked over to Ms. J and told her he was new. I have to admit that he was pretty attractive and his accent really helped.... I hope we become good friends. Coincidentally enough Ms. J had Nathan sit right next to me. He had taken Spanish the same amount we did so he understood everything and just needed to copy notes. We spent the class going over food and we got a quiz back. After class Nathan asked where we were going. He might be smart but when you are in a school you have never been in before, you have no idea where you are going.