Chapter 12 Party

• Dedicated to Chester Good

Ana's POV

I'm not sure how long I have sleeping but it feels like an entire day has passed, I sit up and look around my room, the sun is setting and the breeze is cool. Night is almost here, or is morning close, I cant really tell. I sit up on my bed and notice I am alone, Alec must have left.

My door creaks open and I see a face pop in, one I haven't seen in a long time. I immediately jump up and run to the door. My grandfather is standing on the other side. He is my favorite person, he practically raised me when I was younger.

"Hello to you too," he chuckles, his deep voice so soothing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking him in the eye. His blue eyes are a little dull due to age.

"You forgot," he states, i turn my head in confusion. "Your mothers dinner party for you."

Then it hits me, I totally forgot about my mother has a dinner party every year to celebrate their 'success.' This usually involves the family coming over and people I don't know to congratulate my brother, my sister and I. She always has this toast where she talks about me taking over the company. My grandfather knows it's not what I want. That's why I love him, he is so honest and he cares about my siblings and I so much.

I look him over his once brown hair is gray and thin, he has a full head of hair, its actually quite long, he has a scruffy beard that cover most of his face. He has the deepest blue eyes I have ever seen. He truly is my rock. I don't know what i would do without him.

"I forgot," I say looking at the floor.

He lifts my chin and looks me in the eyes and smiles a genuine smile.

"Go get ready, I'll hold your mother off," I nod and go to walk away. "I don't know what you've done differently Ana, but you look beautiful." He says walking out of my room. I cant help but smile to myself.

I walk to my closet and put in the code, I think I will go all out tonight, just for him. I walk into my closet humming a random tune. Walking all the way to the back I look at my party dress. I need something that says 'Im Mature.' I see a red dress that I have never worn before.

Its a strapless A-line dress, it sinches at the waist and then flows down giving the illusion that I am taller. I look in my full length mirror and smile. My messy bed hair gives me volume. My hair falls in waves around my body. I haven't worn my hair down so much in my life. I walk to the bathroom and put on a quick eye liner and red gloss to make my lips pop. I have clear skin for once so that cuts out time spent on my makeup.

"Analieze where are you, you better be rea-' I hear my mom enter the bathroom door.

I look over at her and I swear she looks like she is about to cry, I smirk a little and look back at myself. I have a natural beauty going on and I cant help but Think I look amazing for someone who just woke up.

"You look beautiful," she says smiling. "Now put on some jewelry and lets go," And just like that, the moment is over.

I laugh a little and grab a diamond necklace from my jewelry box in the bathroom. I just put on some red flats, the color is a little off but no one will notice. I stop and look at my reflection, I cant believe I pulled this all together. Feeling accomplished I walk out to see my sister in my closet, I guess I forgot to close it.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I question her loudly.

"To stay out of the closet, yeah yeah I know," she says while laughing.

"What do you want?" I ask her walking to the closet to see her looking through my dresses.

"I just really need a dress and you always hav-" she stops mid sentence and looks me over.

I smirk because I knows she speechless. I do look good and I have a right to feel good.

"Wow sis, nice dress," she says sarcastically.

I grunt and turn away, and I thought we ha gotten closer, she really seems to have fun pissing me off. I look around my room and see a white rose on my bed. Turning my head in confusion I walk to my bed and look at it, nothing but a rose.

I turn to see my sister in the doorway of my closet smirking. She then walks out with nothing in her hand. What is she up to I wonder to myself. Shrugging it off I walk to the hall way and head towards the stairs. When I reach the stairway I can see that the living room has been set up for guests. The room looks great and full of people. I see Alec talking to an older man and decide to walk up to him. He actually looks amazing. His hair is gelled back and he has on a red bow tie, how convenient.

A smile is on my face as I slide my arm through his to hold on to his. His face hold a smile as well. The older man takes the hint and leaves.

"Did you get my rose?" He asks looking at me then off to the right trying to avoid eye contact.

Surprised my his question I just stare at him. He really is the sweetest thing to happen to me. I close my mouth and smile and nod. I really have nothing to say. I'm speechless and I don't think I could have asked for anyone better. Before I can ask him when he put it in there my mother walks up to us and grabs my arms, a big smile on her face.

"Analieze come with me, I want to introduce you to someone," my mother says a little too excitedly.

I turn to give Alec an apologetic smile but he is gone leaving me looking around to find him. Sighing I turn back around to see my mom is pulling us through people. I am surprised I haven't bumped into anyone at this point. My mother finally stops and I see a boy I recognize from school talking to my dad. I cant remember his name but I know I have seen him in a class or two.

"Ahhh,' my dad sighs, "here they are, Ana darling I am sure you know Derik Harrington, he says he has classes with you," my dad says introducing us.

I curtsy and say hello quietly. He formally takes my hand as kisses it leaving my face to flush due to the lack of make-up you can see the blush.

"How do you do Ana?" He asks using y nickname instead of my full name.

"I am wonderful, how about you?" I ask as polite as I can.

He is cute, blond hair, average build and quite tall. His green eyes are bright under his glasses. He looks manly and smart which is a hard combination. If he was my type I would have talked to him a long time ago. I remember going to his brothers parties a few summers ago with Amanda and the other popular girl. Sometimes I forget we were friends at one point.

"Better, now that I am talking to a beautiful girl like yourself," he says cheesily.

I smie at his efforts and look at my parent who look like they are proud of me.

"Ana?" I hear Derik ask. I turn and face him.

"Would you like to dance?" He asks me, I nod and we go dance with the other people dancing. Its a slow song I have never heard before.

"You really do look wonderful Ana," he says again looking me in the eyes.

"Thank you," I say pulling my gaze away looking around the room, I hope Alec didnt leave.

"So Ana," Derik starts, "I now we stopped talking but I was wondering if maybe we could go out for coffee sometime? I really miss having you around," is he asking me on a date I wonder.

My eyes instantly go to his face and I cant help but be confused. Why would he miss me. Yeah we hung out but we were never close, In fact he dated Amanda for the longest.

"Uhh yeah sure," I say hesitantly.

He smiles at me and then a hand is on his shoulder, Derik looks at the hand and then at his owner, his eyes widen and so do mine.

"You dont mind if I cut in do you?" The owner of the hand asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone actually reads this I just want to Appologize for the long wait. My grandfather just passed away and he was a very big influence to me so I woud just like to dedicate this chapter and the next to him. He was only 66 years old and its been really difficult on my family so I will be slowly updating.

Thank you,

-Candii