Chapter 5 - The Avoidance & Pain

Start from the beginning

I looked around and my eyes landed on a vacant building in front of the cafe. "What's that?" Duncan looked. "That's actually used to be the youth centre. But the mayor took it away saying that my kind of people don't need those centre." "What does he meant by that?" "In his eyes, my kind only doing drugs and stealing stuff." That's just so wrong. "Where will the youth go after that place is close?" "The park... Well if you can call that a park."

Honey came back with our food. My eyes widen when the plate is filled with pancakes and waffles with berries and syrup. "Wow." Honey smiled. "Enjoy your meal miss." "Please call me Emerson." She smiled and go to another table. I took the first bite and my eyes widen with excitement. "I know right." I nodded vigorously. This is the best waffles and pancake I ever eaten! "I shall bring my family here next time." Duncan laughed. "You should. And I'll gladly be your guide." I chuckled and continued to eat.

With one last bite, I swallow the waffle and place the fork. "The most hearty breakfast I ever had!" Duncan cheers our juice and laughed. I looked at the time and asked for the checks. Honey said its on the house but I didn't feel okay with it so I placed a $100 tip on the table. "To school?" Duncan asked as he entered the car. I nodded. Minutes later we arrived and Duncan was about to opened the door but I stopped him. "I'll text if I need a ride." Duncan nodded.

I got out and walked towards the school. I went straight to my locker and sighed when somebody spray the word 'Idiot' on it. Is this the best they could do? I shake my head and ignore everyone. They using my imperfection to make my life a living hell. I will have to get use to it. I just have to. For my parents who want me here. Suddenly I feel someone hold my head. I was about to turned when this person shove my head inside the locker hard. The person let go and I pulled my head back.

I feel hot liquid flowing down from my nose to my mouth. I traced it and sighed when I see blood. "Don't whine. Just a little blood." That voice. I will never forget that voice. It's Chase. Followed by series of laughter. I turned with my bloody nose to see Peter laughing. So this is the person who will marry my Sister? I chuckled. "What's so funny whore?" I didn't say anything. Chase looked around and smirked. "Peter.... Jerry, hold that thing."

They instantly next to me and grabbed my arms hard. "You know I really hate it when you friends with Nia and Ann. Yes Ann is your Sister.." "And Clare." Peter added. "Yes and Clare. Why didn't you die when I beat you up with that baseball bat 3 years ago?" I looked at him and try to freeing myself from these bastards. "You will end up suicide with the amount of pain I'm going to give you now.... Emerson. And I don't even care you're a Larove. Your grandmothers just old people. They can't even see anything! Even your parents have weakness right." He laughed and his first punch landed on my left cheek.

Another fist being thrown to my nose. Another and another and another. My face, my chest, my stomach is hurting so much right now I can't even expressed it. The guys let go of me and I slumped to the floor. Peter and Jerry joined Chase kicking my side and back with their feet. "That's enough. Don't let that thing die yet." Chase kicked my crotch with one last hard kick and it took every bit of me not to scream in pain. I ball up hoping they would stop, holding the pain in. With everyone watching, not one even bother to call for help.

They all laughed and walked away. I try to sit up straight and took a little breather and watched everyone who laughed and smiled at my misery. I reached out for my opened locker and try to stand on my own. I grabbed my bag and closed the locker. I walked towards the bathroom and sighed as I looked at myself on the mirror. "Now how do I explained this to my mothers." I pulled a clean clothe from my bag and rinse it. I washed every bit of dried blood gently.

Suddenly the door opened and it reveal the blonde goddess from yesterday. She was on the phone and instantly stopped talking when she see me through the mirror. "I'll call you back." She end the call and walked towards me. "Emerson?!" She turned my body and touched my face. She took the clothe from me and traced it on my bruise. I looked at her and wonder why she's doing this. She's so gentle yet I'm curious about this. I study her face. I want to touch her her smooth blonde hair with my fingers.