Merlot

<a/n> I know it's a little too early, but I've enjoyed writing these past few days. It's one of my only joys these days. Anyways, enjoy my escape from reality~

"Cru, God damn it, listen!" Alisha screamed, pulling profusely at her now changed hair colour. Cru glanced at her, irked greatly.
"Why should I listen to you? I can't respect someone who dyes their hair in such a manner." This comment stirred up the man's fiancé, and it hit her. She wanted to hit something, and she felt the power surging in her fingers. But she knew better. Attempting not to be angry, she smiled at him gently.
"The colour of my hair doesn't matter." She defended softly.
"Are you serious? Of course it does. Why did you dye it differently? That shade looks awful. You might as well shave it all off!" He spat, slamming his fist against the wall. Alisha let out the pent up anger in a screech, succumbing to that power she promised she wouldn't give in to.
"You just want me to be in her likeness! Who's really the obsessed one here? You or me? Because it's beginning to look a lot like you!"

"Jesse?"
"Yes, dear?"
"I have something to tell you."
"What is it sweetie?"

"Oh, i'm the obsessive one? You're the one who changed!" Cru hissed, Grabbing a nearby lamp and throwing it in her direction to quench his fury. His tone was no longer playful, not that it ever was when he thought of his ex. Alisha growled, frustrated and shocked. Amidst the argument, she realised that her tone was feral, and tried to maintain a neutral demeanour.
"I get it, You're still into her." She tried, attempting to calm the atmosphere. Cru was still burning it.

"Your brother and I..."
"...Yes...?"
"I knew him peeviously..."
"What do you mean dear?"

"You wouldn't understand." He snarled. Alisha attempted her nicest smile.
"Your brother. I longed for him. For so long, I wanted him. But he was so far out of reach. Even now, you're both so closely related yet so far apart from each other. We've been using each other, Cru."
"Shut up." He tried, but his raspy voice and the lump in his throat prevented it from sounding threatening.
"Oh, Cru..."

"I was his fiancé..."
"I know."
"What..?"

Gently, Alisha embraced the shaking beast. She wasn't sure if it was anger or melancholy, but she held him regardless. Slowly, he hugged back, silently commuting with her. Not out of love, but the need for each other's company.

They understood each other in that moment.

"I know?"  <y/n> mocked in disbelief. Swifly, she removed his hands from around her waist and stormed into her bedroom.
"Why are you mad, hun?" Jesse asked, chasing after his Goddess.
"Why am I mad? I felt guilty for keeping a secret you already knew!" She raged, throwing a pillow at him in a fit of fury. He barely dodged.
"Hey-- wait!" He called, but she slammed the door on him and locked it.

"You know, I could help you."
"How? I only want her."
"... Wait and see."

"<y/n>..." Jesse pleaded, but it was no use. She refused to listen.
"All this time I felt like I was keeping something important from you. I felt guilty! For you!" She growled. He didn't understand. She wanted there to be no secrets, but look where they were now.
"When would be the right time to mention it?" He asked, his control wearing thin. He didn't like it when his partners strayed from him. He didn't want to snap. Not in front of <y/n>, but God, it was going to happen if she kept speaking to him like this.
"Any time! Any damn time, Jesse." She cried.
"Oh, so I can casually just bring something like that up?" He remarked, slamming his fists on to the door.

"I don't want to live like this, Alisha."
"Shhh, I know, babe. I know."
"Don't stop holding me... Not yet."
"...alright."

"Yes!" <y/n> argued, muffling her hurt with a guise of anger. Really, she didn't want to go on a rampage, but she didn't want to show her weakness. Jesse growled in frustration.
"If it were so easy, I would have done it! You know what? We're done. You treat me like a puppy, which is exactly what i'm trying not to be. I'm not dealing with that anymore, <y/n>! Alisha's way better at--"
The name ignited a fire inside of her.
"Don't compare me to Alisha!" She warned, letting his four words sting her.
"My ex boyfriend is going out with another girl that I don't like. Get over it." He mocked. Angry tears still fell from <y/n>'s cheeks. Jesse both knew nor cared.

"What did I do to deserve this?"
"It isn't your fault, Cru."
"Is my fate tied to an unfaithful woman? A woman I both loathe and yearn for."
"..."

"And whom did you cheat on my brother with? His best friend? His sibling? You're too lowly to even think of that. You cheated on him for a pretty paparazzi boy who wanted dirt on my brother, and he got it too! You have no idea how much that information affected his work and reputation!" Jesse spat once more. <y/n> flinched. He had a point.
"Whatever. I'm wasting my time."
And with that, the Rabbit was gone, and only strangled sobs lingered, accompanied by the symphony of guilt and cacophony of self-loathing.

"You're obsessed with her, Cru."
"I am."