Penumbra

[a/n] It's me! And a certain someone else. I'll try to keep my once a month uploads but no promises! there are three alternative drafts to this, but this one made more sense in the long run. A certain character is inspired by Diana from the Otome called 'seduce me'. It is free to play on Steam.
Enough drabble
Enjoy!

"Jesse!" A familiar girl purred as she strutted towards him in a foxy manner. As she approached, <y/n> noted her obvious charisma and glaringly red attire. The most striking thing about her was that she was extremely voluptuous. Upon closer inspection, her puckered, ruby lips were a touch too bright, and her person was clad in a scarlet leather jacket and maroon short shorts. Somebody obviously liked the colour red. Yet, with her overdone diva locks and makeup caked face, she still managed to look gorgeous. She fluttered her long lashes at him, flashing a deviously smug smirk; an uncomfortable feeling swelled within <y/n>'s chest.

"Alisha." Jesse greeted politely, consciously making an effort not to stare
"What happened to your hair...?"
Her hair was a similar, no, the same  shade as <y/n>'s. The teenager cast a crude, seductive smile, gazing into the performer's eyes.
"I took a little inspiration, sweetie." She drawled, batting her eyelashes once more. She was scented strongly like a lit candle; clearly vanilla. A certain someone's favourite scent. <y/n> knitted her brow. Maybe it was a coincidence, but even so, the feeling residing within her sank to her stomach, and dwelled like an unwanted visitor.

She glanced away. If Alisha fluttered those fake spider legs any longer, her eyelashes would fall out. But, she'd still look stunning. <y/n> cleared her throat, realising her awkward infatuation with Alisha whilst unintentionally gaining Jesse and Jessica's attention.
"Oh, this is my girlfriend <y/n>" he beamed, introducing his beloved and clasping hands with her. He didn't look as proud to declare it as she had hoped.
"Hi Alisha." <y/n> said solemmly, nodding curtly. Jesse smiled fondly at his lover before looking back at Alisha. She clicked her tongue, unamused.
"Jessica to you. She doesn't really smile much, huh? I never knew you were one for the cold girls, Jesse!~" she pouted, pulling their hands apart and latching on to his arm, pressing her rounded chest close up to him. <y/n> scoffed, refusing to fall for the childlike provocations.

The man eased the flirtatious woman off his arm gently.
"Just because she's not smiling doesn't mean she's miserable. She's a wonderful person, and I love her so much. She gave me a job, and treated me equally, and.." He gushed.
<y/n> momentarily dwelled on the idea of Jesse only feeling pity for her; dutifully loving her. She shook the thought away and smiled outwardly. Was that an E cup?

Alisha's smile faltered, and the gleam in her eyes diminished. Perking up again, she lashed out.
"Well, I've found a special someone too, I was just about to tell you anyways." She scoffed, dismissing the couple.
"Did you really think i'm low enough to go for you again? God no. I'm more sophisticated than that. Anyways, your dear brother and I are engaged and he wants you and that thing to come to our engagement party."

She thrust a pale hand towards them, displaying the sparkling ring on her finger. <y/n> smiled as best she could, given how much Alisha had lowered her standing.
A thing.
Why wasn't Jesse defending her? He had no job on the line.
"We'll be there." The woman replied, grabbing the man's arm and promptly walking away.

They sat on a nearby lone bench which resided underneath a large oak tree. Minutes passed, and nobody spoke. Jesse didn't want to speak, but he didn't want to sit there uselessly. He could sense something wasn't right.
"<y/n>. What's wrong?" He asked, reaching for her hand. She flicked his hand away, smiling, sitting silently on the bench for a few minutes longer. After a while, she spoke.
"Why didn't you defend me from Alisha?" She finally voiced, mumbling. Jesse thought about this, comprehending her words and once again reached for her hand.
"Look at me, <y/n>." He said. Reluctantly, she turned to face him but refused to make eye contact.
"I didn't defend you because I know that you're a strong woman. Unlike Alisha, you're mature." He started, manoeuvring his body in order to make eye contact. Giving up, he lifted her chin to face him directly.
"You can defend yourself. You're a grown woman, <y/n>. That's what I like about you."
He was right. She was childish and <y/n> was not. She felt relief and sat upright.
"And between you and me, she stuffs up top."

<y/n> couldn't stop the chuckle that surpassed her lips at the comment. Playfully, she shoved her boyfriend.
"Perv." She mumbled sheepishly. Jesse rose and offered his hand.
"So, our plans to get another coffee are back on?" He asked wistfully, giving a gentle smile. <y/n> grinned back.
"One cup couldn't hurt."