Best Mistake

Ciel

I finish tieing Philip's little bow and send him over to Lizzy to get his hair done.

"Ciel are you sure now is the best time?" Lizzy asks gently. "I mean you haven't called him in years. He might not know you're alive."

My hand goes to my eyepatch. I checked my eye everyday, looking for signs of fading. There never was any. He's been waiting on me.

"He knows I'm alive. Elizabeth we have to." I beg slightly.

"Alright Phil go get your sister and tell her we're about to leave." Elizabeth orders.

"Yes Mum." Philip replies before leaving.

"I know you're upset about me wanting to take them to see Sebastian but-"

"When we had Vienna did you not promise me I was enough?!" Lizzy half shouts.

"Eliz-"

"You've done nothing but obsess over Sebastian for the past few days! What are the kids going to think when they find out what happened?!" My eyes widen.

"Elizabeth I'm the man of this family and I'm making the decision to go see Sebastian. Let's go meet up with the kids." My voice is colder than I've let it be in a long time, but Lizzy listens.

"Father!" Vienna cheers before jumping into my arms.

"Hello sweetheart. You ready to go?" I ask and set her back down.

"Yes sir!" She giggles.

"Now remember if you have to go to the bathroom just tap your father or my's wrist three times alright?" Lizzy throws in with a wink sent my direction. Potty training has been my least favorite part of this all.

Vienna blushes and nods. We all load up into the carriage silently. Vienna takes her seat in my lap while Philip sits in front of us.

"Here we go." I whisper as the nerves start to hit.

"Philip did you grab your inhaler?" I ask quietly.

"Yes Father. You made me promise to never go anywhere without it." Philip answers.

"Alright."

Sebastian

"Sebastian! Sebastian!" Finny calls out from downstairs.

"What?!" I shout back.

"There's a carriage here!" My heart stops. No I can't get my hopes up. It probably isn't even him.

I slam the study door and let tears start to fall from my eyes. How could he do this?! Not take the time to call me or even write a letter!

"Master!" My eyes widen a bit at Finny's cry.

I instantly wipe my tears before taking off downstairs. A little boy with black hair and pale skin and bright blue-green eyes is the first person I see. A pair of glasses rest in his back pocket.

"P-Philip?" I ask and his eyes widen.

"You know my name?" My focus gets torn from him and locked onto Ciel.

"Philip you know the t-tailcoat you sleep with belongs to him." The kid looks so much like Ciel it's crazy.

"It does?!" He asks in amazement. Ciel seems to be begging me to say something.

"It sure does little one." I say with a smile. "So you're the next Earl Phantomhive huh?" I ask and Philip looks down slightly.

"Well I'm supposed to be. I'd like to get a good education and become a novelist." He says strongly. I notice Ciel smile proudly.

"Wow. That's great I've never heard someone as young as yourself say they want to be a writer!"

Ciel

My heart seems to swell as I watch Sebastian and Philip bond. Phil seems like a completely different kid when he's around Sebastian. Maybe all the parenting scares will stop now.

"Father Father!" I turn just in time to catch Vienna. She looks at Sebastian and her eyes widen. I watch my daughters blue eyes fill with tears.

"Hey! Vee! Vienna look at me!" I plead but she just stares at the stranger horrified. I can see the hurt in Sebastian's eyes.

"She's just shy. Strangers tend to scare her." I pause and look back at Vienna.

"Just introduce yourself to her gently. She'll warm up to you eventually." I finish.

"You didn't tell me you had another." Sebastian whispers.

"Well suprise. Philip go check on your mom and see if she's o-"

"Father I don't want to. Can't you go make sure she's okay?" I sigh and nod.

"Is that alright with you?" I ask Sebastian. He smiles before saying,

"Of course it's alright." I give him a grateful smile before walking back outside with my petrified daughter.

Sebastian

Philip takes a seat on the stairs and I sit next to him.

"So tell me about yourself kid." I say with a smirk.

"Well there really isn't much to tell. I go to an all boys private school, I don't really have friends, I hate these stupid bows father dresses me in, I have bad nightmares and asthma, I play the violin and piano, and my favorite color is green." Philip says like it's nothing.

"Well that seems like plenty of things to tell m-"

"I horrify both my parents. Father gets mad because I think he works to much and Mother gets hurt when I don't take my medication." I frown slightly.

"I'm sure they don't see things that way Philip. Both your parents love you very much." Philip nods.

"Yeah that's the same thing my therapist always says." I raise an eyebrow.

"Sebastian can I talk to you for a minute?" Ciel asks sounding a bit hurt.

I look over at Philip who seems to be preoccupied with looking, well, glaring at the other Servants.

"Sure." I say and follow Ciel outside. His carriage is gone along with Lizzy and Vienna.

"Can Philip and I stay here tonight? Please!" Ciel seems almost panicked. He's looking everywhere but at me.

"E-Elizabeth and I are happy and all but she just freaked out and-" I take Ciel's hand in mine causing his voice to stop.

"That's fine. It is your home after all." Ciel finally looks at me and as I stare into his blue eyes I can see his heart break.

"Sebastian listen......" Ciel doesn't pull his hand away but I can tell he's going to soon. "What we had was, well how do I say this......the best mistake I've ever had."

"Ciel what-"

"But for my family's sake I think we should forget the whole affair." Ciel speaks with confidence, but his eyes are telling a completely different story. He's punishing himself for something. That's what this whole thing is about.

"I refuse to accept that." I say gently. "Give me one night to prove what we had wasn't a mistake. Please." I beg and Ciel looks away.

"Sebastian my kids." Ciel whispers.

"Your son seems to trust me. Please Ciel give me a chance to make things right." Before anymore can be said Ciel's arms are wrapped around me.

I wrap my arms around him tightly. It's obvious he's trying hard not to cry.

"One night." He chokes out. "One night is all you get, understood?"

"Yes," I pause and let my eyes close, "Bocchan."