Chapter 8 part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

“And as for you Rose, it’s alright to take some help from time to time but I know how much you hate it, so Liam isn’t here for that reason his car broke down so he’s has to go to school with us.” She said this part without even looking at me and so I knew she was lying.

Liam was good with cars and bikes much to his mother’s discontent; if his car wasn’t working he would be able to fix it. He was here to protect me but I decided to leave it. If Casey was lying to me about it then it was something just as bad as Liam said. So I closed my eyes again and enjoyed the rest of the drive in silence which didn’t last as long as I wanted it too as soon we were barraged with the sounds of honking and loud laughter of a typical high school parking lot.

The air didn’t feel so good anymore as Casey searched for spot to park, something was different the smell of pheromones was particularly strong there was something going on today, something that Liam and Casey had specifically left out.

“Okay Case what didn’t you tell me” I asked her,

“What do you mean?” she said as she honked at a couple of wolves blocking her way, they just gave her a look and moved on.

“You know exactly what it means, why does it smell like the whole school is in heat?”

“Ah that, I’d forgotten about that?”

“Well?”

“Well what?” she said as she turned her car with a loud screech and parked the car. Now I was getting annoyed, so I just looked at her conveying I was onto her.

She sighed and answered “Jared’s about to turn nineteen,  next week”. Oh I understood any wolf would. Nineteen was the age when we wolves were supposed to find their mate it was a huge step, finding a mate would mean finding your other half. And considering the scent that was around the school it meant that all the female wolves wanted to be Jared’s mate.

“And you didn’t tell me before why?”, she didn’t answer but I understood what exactly she was thinking.

“You think I want to be his mate?”  it was a statement but it came out as a question. I was shocked  why would she think that.

Because you were his friend Serena answered. I scowled, I did not want to be his mate not after what he had done and I told Casey exactly that.

“But still…”

“No Case I  WOULD NEVER WANT TO BE HIS MATE” I emphasized each word as much as I could and she finally nodded.

All this time Liam had been quite but when I looked at him he had a smile on his face.

“What?” I asked him

“Nothing” he answered shaking his head as he grabbed his backpack and got out of the car “See you around Rose and try to stay out of trouble” he said serious now.

I nodded but he was gone so I looked at Casey she had a pensave look on her face so copying Liam I grabbed my backpack and followed him towards the mian building. Casey seeing my intention came after me.