In Which We Say Goodbye

* Nine Months Later *

I hold my baby, Angela Grace, and wipe her cheek.

"Riles, honey, she'll be there forever. Come help me with the bed." Cody leans against the door frame of the baby's bedroom, smiling.

"I know. But she's too cute." I lay her in her crib, and help him with the unpacking.

I put the final plate in the cabinet, and Cody wraps his arms around me.

"See, now was that so hard?" He asks, and I laugh.

"Yeah, it was." He laughs, and we almost kiss before the baby starts crying. I sigh and he checks on her. He brings her downstairs, and hands her to me, when he looks around.

"What's going on, Cody?" I ask him.

"Hide in the closet." He runs off, and I get in the hallway closet with Angie. I put her pacifier in her mouth, just to keep her quiet, but she falls asleep, which makes me smile. I hear a crash from the kitchen, and flinch, pressing my ear against the door.

"What do you want, Jake?" I cover my own mouth, to keep from screaming.

"I want to ruin you, Maze." He replies, and Cody puts on an act.

"I'm already a broken man, Greeno! Riley left me, I barely had enough to pay off this house, and I have no job yet." When he said 'broken', I call 911, and tell them everything, before letting them listen. I hide Angie next to the boxes, and pray that she not make a sound.

"Well, how bout I put a bullet through your head? You won't need this," I hear something glass break, "or this," Something wooden, "or her." He yanks the door open, and drags me out by my hair.

"Fucking let me go, Jake!" I scream, and he throws me on the floor. I rub my head as Cody helps me up, growling at Jake.

"Nice lie, Cody. I almost believed it until I heard your bitch call someone. Who did you call!" Jake yells, picking up a knife.

"Hell. Told Satan to save a spot for you." I grin and he swipes. I duck, and grab his hand, moving it the other way, popping his fingers.

"You little bitch!" He yells, and tries to punch me. I kick his face, and then punch his gut, which backfired on me because he's gut is basically a wall.

Ow.

Jake laughs, and Cody takes the knife from him, throwing it towards the stairs.

Jake lands a punch in my gut, and I breathe a sigh.

At least I'm not pregnant...

I kick him where the sun doesn't shine, and he groans, glaring at me.

"Bitch. You always aim there." I grin, and knee his face.

"That's cause I know what makes you bow. Stop threatening my husband. Got it? This ends here. You come near me ever again, I will not hesitate to throw your ass in a cell, myself, bloodied and bruised. Got it?" He nods, and crawls to the door, where the police slap handcuffs on him and carry him out. A paramedic checks us out, and I get my baby from the closet.

"Is she okay?" Cody asks, rubbing my arms.

"Yeah. He didn't even know she was here. Thankfully, I'm not pregnant." He gives a nervous laugh, and hugs us both, kissing his child and then me.

Later, everyone comes over, mainly for Angie, but wr enjoy the company anyway.

"Why is there a knife hole in your kitchen?!" My sister-in-law asks, giving me a worried look.

Cody and I exchange glances at each other, and laugh, making everyone look at us.

We explain the story, starting with the unpacking and ending with Jake getting carried to the police car, and then they nod.

"Well, at least you guys are okay." His dad says, looking down at his granddaughter.

"Riles, sing me 'Homegrown Honey'." Drake commands, making fun of my singing career in high school.

"Sitting at a bar in New York City
Everybody here looking New York pretty
But you're the kinda girl that's got that something
Dancing to the groove like it just ain't nothing
They ain't never seen nothing quite like you
Long stem legs in your cowboy boots
Throwing back whiskey straight, no water
Girl there ain't nothing hotter

Chorus:
Ooh, I dig the way that you move
You shake it down to your roots
Did your momma teach you how to do that thing you do
Yeah, nothing sweeter than wild
I'll take a sip of that smile
I'll bet the boys at home can't leave you alone
You little homegrown honey, honey, honey
You're so money, money, money
You got a country road Carolina soul
Baby, you're just so homegrown

Trying to think of something cool to say
Turned around and saw you walking my way
Pulled me on the floor saying, "Son it's on"
And we were dancing all night long
To a sweet old Alabama song

Ooh, I dig the way that you move
You shake it down to your roots
Did your momma teach you how to do that thing you do
Yeah, nothing sweeter than wild
I'll take a sip of that smile
I'll bet the boys at home can't leave you alone
You little homegrown honey, honey, honey
You're so money, money, money
You got a country road Carolina soul
Baby, you're just so homegrown

Ooh baby, baby, baby
You're driving me crazy, crazy, crazy
I'm a long way away from where I'm from
But baby you feel like home

Ooh, I dig the way that you move
You shake it down to your roots
Did your momma teach you how to do that thing you do
Yeah, nothing sweeter than wild
I'll take a sip of that smile
I'll bet the boys at home can't leave you alone
You little homegrown honey, honey, honey
You're so money, money, money
You got a country road Carolina soul
Baby, you're just so homegrown

You're so money, money, money
You got a country road Carolina soul
Baby, you're just so homegrown."

Everyone claps, and we eat, signalling the end to our excitement.

\\\\\\\\\\\\

AN: This is the end! I can't come up with a good outro to this book, I thought I would let Riley finish it off.

Thank you guys, for reading this, I hope you had as much fun with it as I did and I will see you in another book.

I also still have the contest up. Go see that chapter for details.

Xx. AFreak