In Which My Life Twists

"Riles!" I see hands go in front of my eyes, and lips meet my cheek.

"Cody and/or Carly." I guess.

"Damnit!" Carly giggles, and Cody grins.

"You guys are so easy. I heard Carly giggling from three blocks away." I smile. Cody hugs me, and Carly grins.

"Happy birthday!" She yells, and I laugh.

"Thanks." I mumble, too busy trying to escape Cody's grip.

"Sorry, Birthday Girl, you ain't gonna leave my sight today." He kisses the top of my head, and I grin.

"Thanks." I groan, sounding exhausted.

"Cody! You gunna share?" A blonde headed boy, Bradley, I think, asks him.

"Nope. She's all mine." He hugs me from behind, and I smile. Recently, we have announced our relationship, so we are getting these types of things.

"Damn. Good luck then." He walks off, and Cody frowns.

"The hell is he goin on about?" Cody asks, and I shrug.

"Dinner tonight? The four of us and Mom?" I ask.

"My parents too. They want to celebrate." I sigh as Cody gives me a look.

"Fine. I guess if I must."

"You must." He smiles. I nod, and we go into the building, starting our day.

*4 Hours Later*

We get into the lunchroom, and girls who have not once talked to me or even glanced at me, start coming up to me, and gushing to me about how lucky I am. Guys walk up to Cody, and tell him about how lucky he is to be getting me.

Whatver that means.

I politely excuse myself, and start to go get my lunch.

"Hey, Riley." I turn around and see Bradley.

"Ohh, hi." I weakly smile.

"So, Cody huh?" I nod.

"Yeah." He nods, and looks away.

"Why?" He asks me. I look at him.

"Why what?" I get my tray of food, and enter my lunch number.

"Why him? And not someone else?" He asks, shrugging.

"Because. He's a good guy. And my best friend." He starts to laugh.

"He's no good for you. You deserve better." He says, staring at me.

"So you're here to tell me that you're better for me than Cody?" I ask him.

"Yes." He replies, and takes my arm. I am forced to throw my uneaten tray away, as he takes me to the weight room.

"Bradley, this isn't funny. Let me go." I struggle.

"I can't do that." He grumbles, and pushes me against the wall. I stiffen, remembering the LAST time I was shoved against the wall. He kisses me harshly, as I try to get him off me. I successfully get him off me, wiping my mouth.

"Why the fuck, Riley?!" Bradley yells at me. I run out, run out of the school, past Cody and Carly, who keep calling my name, and go to the lake, climbing onto the cliff, and watching the water below. I curl up into  a ball, and close my eyes. The tears finally fall, and I can't contain them any longer.

I sob, when I feel someone behind me.

"Babe." I feel Cody's arms around my body, and I lean into his embrace. "What happened?" He asks me.

"B... Br.... Bradley... He... He dragged.... Me into the locker room.... And kissed me....." I explain between my uncontrollable sobs and anger.

"He did what?" Cody begins to get mad.

"Stop. Please." He grip on me has become stronger, most likely creating bruises.

"Answer. The. Question. Riley." I gasp, when his grip becomes too strong.

"Cody. Cody, stop it, you're hurting me. Calm down. Please." I cry harder, looking at him. He lets me go, and punches a nearby tree.

"Tell me the fucking story, Riley." His anger is getting the best of him, making me sob harder.

"Bradley came up behind me when I went to get lunch, and he said you weren't for me, and I asked him, 'so you think you're better' and he said yes, and he dragged me to the locker room, and he pushed me against the wall and kissed me. I struggled, and pushed him off, and ran out." My lip quivers, knowing he won't beleive the entire story.

"So did you kiss him back?" I shake my head.

"No. I didn't. I swear. Cody, look at me please." I plead with him, and place a hand on his bicep. He takes his arm back, and I sigh.

"So you expect me to believe that you don't like him?!" He yells at me. A tear goes down my cheek, and he laughs.

"I don't.... Cody, I love you, for Christ's sake." I try, but he holds his hand up.

"Don't tell me lies, Riley. I have enough of those." I flinch, as if I've been slapped, and shake my head.

"Fine. Fine. I get it. I don't mean anything to you anymore. So here." I take off my ring, and throw it on the ground. "Take it. Find someone you truly love and appreciate, and give it to her. She'll love it. Like I did." I walk away, without him saying a word to me. My phone buzzes, and buzzes, and buzzes, but I ignore it. I throw it across the bedroom and hide in my closet.

Three hours later, I grab my phone and look the missed messages.

Private Message: Carles

Carles✨:
Riley? What happened?

Carles✨:
Riley! Cody just called me. Where are you?

Carles✨:
Riley! Riles! Twin, please answer me.

Private Message: Drake😎

Drake😎:
Yo, sis, what happened?

Drake😎:
Cody told me what happened. That wasn't cool of him.

Private Message: Husband💍

Husband💍:
Baby, I'm sorry. Come back to me.

Husband💍:
Riley. Riley, I know now. Bradley came to me afterwards, bruised and beaten and told me everyrhing. Jake paid him to do this to us. Baby, I need you.

Cody, you broke my heart. How am I supposed to trust you now?

Husband💍:
Because I need you.

I needed you too.

But you took it away from me when you broke my heart and my trust. Why would you do that to me?
READ 5:45 AM