In Which I Meet My Future Husband

After school, I walk out and walk to the park. I sit by an oak tree and wait, hoping to see who he is.

I then see Cody Maze walk by the playground, and look around. He notices me, and starts walking over.

"Hey! You!" He calls. I stiffen, and he stops in front of me. He sticks out his hand, and I consider it, before I shake it. "Cody Maze, but you knew that." He winks at me, and I inwardly cringe.

"Riley Greg, but you didn't know that." He stops.

"Riley? As in, band Riley with the dumbass dad?" I shrug and nod.

"A dumbass dad who made a stupid agreement with a rival gang and is making me marry the son." He starts to laugh. "Hey, what the hell is so funny?" I slap him upside the head, and he grins and runs his hand over the back of his head.

"I'm.. I'm sorry.. You're the girl I'm supposed to marry?" I nod.

"Got a problem?" He shakes his head.

"No.. No.. It's just I expected this real ugly girl who wears braces and glasses." He smirks.

"I wear glasses." I say, offended.

"Really?" He asks me.

"Yes, stupid, now. We have to be married in like 3 weeks. Let's go to dinner and talk about ourselves." He nods.

"I was going to suggest the swings, but that's a good idea." I smile as I start walking away.

"I have then from time to time." I yell over my shoulder, as he catches up with me.

"So... Give me basic information." He says, and sticks his hands in his pockets.

"For the neighborhood bad boy, you seem really shy." He nods.

"Yeah." He rubs the back of his neck. "I'm not good with girls. Though I do have a one night stand at least once every six months." I stop. He looks at me, and sighs. "I mainly get into fights and things of that nature." I nod.

"Well, at least I'll know you'll be faithful." I mutter.

"Just tell me the things everyone knows." I nod.

"Okay.. I'm Riley Ann Greg, singer, writer, and honor student. I'm 5'7, weigh 120 lbs, and I dress according to my mood. Uh, my favorite color is teal, my favorite book is Backlash, my favorite song is Friend Like Me performed by Ne-yo, my favorite time of day is the evening hours, my favorite season is fall because of the leaves, my favorite food is pizza, my favorite soda is Dr. Pepper or Big Red, and my brother and sister's names are Carter and Lee." I ramble, looking down the road.

"Wow. Okay. Wait... You like Disney?" He asks me.

"Duh, who doesn't?" He shakes his head.

"My dad absolutely hates Disney." I make a horrored face. "I have not once watched a Disney movie ever." I grin.

"Well then, I will have to fix that." He nods.

"Are you a girlie girl? Cause if you are, we have problems." I laugh.

"I have my moments, but mostly, I kick ass." A smile spreads across his handsome face, and I realize what Lee and Carly were talking about. His piercing blue eyes just speak to me, and make me get lost in him. The way his hair just flows, makes me want to play with it. The way he smiles, little butterflies form in my stomach, and he acts like a perfect gentleman.

When we get to McDonald's, he opens the door for me, and we both order burgers. He pays for us both, but insists on me not paying him back.

Where did I go wrong in the boyfriend department?!

We sit at a booth, and I smile.

"Your turn. Basics, c'mon. You can't hide forever." He grins.

"Alright, alright." He looks at me from his side of the table and I gesture for him to start.

"My name is Cody Wyatt Maze, fighter, hopeless romantic, and slacker." I grin at the hopeless romantic part. "I'm 6'2, weigh 160 lbs, and I dress like Shrek." I laugh, and he smiles.

"You're a horrible liar. You dress like a man on a mission. Or like Danny without the egotistical side of you, and rolled up pants." He laughs, and our food comes.

"Aannyywwaayy," He grins and takes a bite. "My favorite color is grey, my favorite book is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, my favorite song is Undone by Casey James, my favorite time of day is night, my favorite season is fall, my favorite food is pancakes and bacon, favorite soda is Dr. Pepper or Root Beer, and my brother's name is Drake." He smiles at me, and starts to eat his fries.

"Who knew, under all that bad boy persona, is a softie." He nods.

"Yeah... I keep it a secret, because it might hurt Dad's image." I nod.

"I only agreed to marry you to save my family." His head pops up.

"What?" He sneers.

"Supposedly, your farher said marry you or die." His face turns into pure rage.

"So, did you even think it was me?" I shake my head. He calms down a little, but I slink back anyway.

"He just said a rival gang." I whisper. Cody looks at me, and sighs.

"I'm sorry. I hate that my dad did this to you." I shrug.

"Well. He brought me my next best friend." Cody smiles, and places his hand on mine.

"How bout I walk you home. I can meet your mom and brother and sister." I smile.

"Yeah, but Lee doesn't live with us anymore." He nods and we leave, talking about a lot of things. I show him in, and my mom nearly has a heart attack.

"Riley Ann! What the hell do you think you're doing bringing that boy into my home?!" She yells. Carter comes down, and stares.

"Guys. This is Cody. Now, I know that-" My mother stops me.

"He's a liar and a deciever." She sneers.

"No mom! He-"

"Riley, give me your phone. Carter, escort this boy out!" I yell. Everyone looks at me.

"Mom. Shut. Up. For one second please." She stares me down. "I agreed to D- John's agreement. I met with Cody today at the park. We went to McDonald's and talked. Then we came home. He is nicer than even the geeks at school. Mom, you may not like his dad, but Cody is NOT going to be treated like a criminal in my presence. Anyone who objects, they can keep it to themselves. I have to marry him in three weeks. Unless you want to be six feet under, you will let me live my life how I see fit. Do I make myself clear?" I growl, about ready to throw something at her.

"No. He will not be in this house." I laugh.

"Thrn you loose a daughter. And you can mourn all you want, but I won't EVER come back. You have to agree with me, mom. I'm doing the best I can to not loose it. You have to let me try to save us. And I'm sorry. But that has to happen. You have to accept Cody. Or I walk." I threaten.

"I will too." Carter comes to my aide. I smirk for five seconds.

"That boy-"

"This boy is my future husband, mom. Weather you like it or not." I finalize, and she sighs.

"I wish you didn't have my stubborn nature." She turns around, and begins cooking again.

I won. I actually won.