Chapter 15

When we reached Stefano's house I gaped at it, and I thought my father was loaded.

"He should be at a hospital." I grumbled as we carried a passed out Stefano.

Hank sighed, "I know, but Angelo should know by now that Stefano's body is missing."

"I see."

We quickly laid him on his bed and stripped him of his clothing. Hank quickly threw a towel over his private area as I inspected the wounds above his waist.

"He most likely has a concussion, his ribs are broken, he probably has interbal bleeding, and he needs a real doctor. A surgeon too." I said, looking at Hank.

"There has to be a hospital we can take him to that will keep him a secret."

Hank ran his hand down his face, "I don't know any. Stefano just told me that we can't bring him to any hospital. He does have an infirmary downstairs."

"Then we'll take him there and I'll find a team of doctors and surgeons to help him." I replied.

Once we got him in the infirmary, I made sure he was warm before grabbing a phone.

"Hello?"

I sighed in relief, "Delilah, I need your help. Along with your parents' help."

"Why? Are you okay?" My friend quickly asked.

"I am, but my...business partner isn't. He was in a car crash." I explained.

She was silent for a while, "Damon Blood."

I swallowed, "Yes."

"We'll be over soon...where are you exactly?"

I quickly gave her the address before hanging up. I released a breath and slumped in a chair. Hank quietly sat beside me, we silently stared at Stefano's sleeping form.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I mumbled.

Hank frowned and looked at me, "Doing what?"

"Helping the man who murdered my brother." I replied.

Hank gulped, "He told you he regretted it, right?"

"In a way."

"Well, he uh...the truth is...he didn't do it. He was the passenger in the car."

I frowned and looked at him, "What?"

"He was in the passenger seat and one of his men were driving. The driver was speeding and Stefano had told him several times to stop, but this guy didn't want to listen."

"Stefano tried stopping him before they reached the intersection, but the man held a gun to his head. You would think a guy like Stefano would just grab the gun."

"He froze. His-Angelo's father would threaten him with a gun when he was younger. He was terrified of them, he still is. Well, the driver slammed on the gas pedal and they flew into the intersection. Crashing into your brother's car and killing him. That man, the driver, the one person Stefano trusted, was planning on killing Stefano. He worked for Angelo and was willing to kill himself just so Stefano would die."

"Your brother was the only one to die that night. The driver was arrested and Stefano vanished."

I looked down, "So, Stefano vanished and Damon Blood appeared?"

Hank nodded, "He needed to make money and so, he erased any evidence of his life as Stefano De Rege."

"And when he said my brother wasn't supposed to die that night..."

"He meant he was supposed to die, not your brother." Hank whispered.

"Your brother was like the older brother that Stefano barely had. He protected him and saved him from multiple attacks. Stefano still blames himself for that night."

I looked at Stefano with tears in my eyes, this whole time it wasn't Stefano who killed my brother. It was Angelo.