Chapter 10

Damon quickly wiped his mouth, "No, he was definitely straight."

I took a sip of my coffee, carefully thinking over his answer. I glanced at him, that uneasy feeling settled over me.

"Damon...what is your real name?" I asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Uh...Damon Blood...why?"

"No reason."

He raised an eyebrow, "I'm not Stefano."

"I didn't say you were." I replied.

"But you were thinking of it."

I shrugged, "Maybe."

For the rest of lunch we didn't talk about Stefano. Damon would immediately cut me off whenever I tried asking him something.

I still have that suspicion of him being Stefano, but it wouldn't completely match up. His parents are both dead while Angelo's mother is still alive.  Unless, he some how erased anything that has the name, Stefano, on it. Including birth certificates, documents, school records, hospital records, etc. Just like Angelo had, Damon had erased all and any existence of Stefano De Rege.

The only way I can find this out would be to ask Angelo, but I don't want to lose my life. He loathes his brother and anyone who is connected to him. But that anger he showed after seeing Damon's file proved it. It showed that Damon was either telling the truth and is Stefano's friend or he's Stefano himself.

I walked into my office and sat at the desk, thinking over if I should call my father or not. My dad knows many people, if I tell him to find everything out about Damon, he could do it. But do I really want to get him involved?

I sighed in defeat, I need help with this and he's my only hope right now. I quickly dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

"Yes, Vi?" He asked.

I chewed on my bottom lip, "I need you to do me a favor."

"Yes?"

"I need you to find out everything you can about Damon Blood."

He was silent for a moment, "Why?"

"I think he's Stefano. I've been connecting everything and thinking, please?"

"Okay. I'm warning you now though, if he is Stefano, I don't want you near him. I'll take care of him."

I frowned at the double meaning, I swallowed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Don't hurt him." I mumbled.

"I'll do whatever I see fit, Vienna. He murdered my son."

With that said, he hung up. I slowly put down my phone and looked at my shaking hands.

What did I just do?