Chapter Fifteen

WHO'S READY FOR NEW CHARACTERS?! I know I'm not, but this is how I planned it so yeah *applauds self* okay I'll go now...

Blood's POV
I watched form the roof of the neighboring building. My black hair stuck to my skin as the rain poured into the darkness of the night.

Clara escorted her lover out of her house before heading back up to her room. There she pulled out her black combat uniform. She stared at it for a moment, her fingers running over the blood stains from both far past and more recent encounters before folding it back up and sliding it into a box in the back of her closet. I couldn't help but smile at this. Even after all these years, she was still a fighter, a blood-thirsty animal.

I had seen Clara in combat once before when we were much younger, unlike Clara I was afraid to even prick someone's finger, but she? She was strong and a true fighter, she could kill with no hesitation, and that is what I needed. I needed an assassin, I needed a killer, I needed Clara.

She was the best of us. She was our leader, the one who always took the beatings when one of us did something stupid. She was the perfect student, and she was also the perfect killer.

"Blood." Daniel Haven, my second in command, called to me.

I stood up from my crouching state and turned to him. His dark black hair was dripping water down his face, the droplets spilling into his eyelashes over piercing blue veils. I nodded, signaling that he was free to speak.

"We should go now," Daniel insisted, "before someone sees us."

I let out a cold laugh, "even if someone does see us, they'll be dead before they can tell anyone."

Daniel's brows furrowed as he looked down at the civilians on the street, "that's just evil."

I marched over to him, making sure to get up in his face. I was the alpha here, and no one would tell me what was right and what was wrong, "I don't care, we're not good people."

Daniel rolled his eyes before walking towards the stairwell back to ground level, "correction Blood, you're not a good person. The rest of us are."

Clara's POV
I slid on a pair of sweatpants over a pair of thermals. I tugged a long sleeve over my t-shirt before also zipping on a hoodie. I pushed my hair into a pony tail. I jogged downstairs to put on my running shoes.

"Going for a run?" Kayden asked as he walked out of the kitchen to where I was.

"Yeah, I want to try and shave down another five pounds," I said as I went down to tie my shoe, "and we both know I can't stand diets."

He took another bite of his quesadilla before setting it down on stair railing. He reached over me and snatched up his own shoes, pulling them on quicker than I could tie mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I scanned his attire of t-shirt, sweat pants and now running shoes.

"Going for a run with you," Kayden shrugged as he stretched his arms.

"We both know you can't keep up." I smirked.

Kayden acted offended though I knew he wasn't, "I've been running more. In fact I've gotten a lot faster."

"Oh really now?" Kayden nodded, "well than, first person to finish the five mile run to the American restirant across town doesn't have to pay for dinner."

"And the loser does?" Kayden asked with a smirk.

"The loser has to pay, and go out with the winner to do whatever they want."

Hayden laughed, "you are on, better bring your wallet and be prepared to go check out girls going in and out of Victoria Secret."

I rolled my eyes, "pervert."

"You know it." Kayden winked.

I laughed before opening up the front door and starting my run.

Kayden was able to keep up with my pace for about the first two miles, but then I finally stopped my light jog and broke out into my actual continuous speed. Unfortunately for Kayden, that speed was well over his full sprint, and he couldn't keep up.

I guess that's the glorious thing about my life, just like a horse, at some point I was broken - and with being broken came the abilities that were similar to a special Ops solider. The only difference was I didn't volunteer to save my country, I was forced to either die or survive. Clearly I chose to die.

This life wasn't a life. It was an endless cycle of bad things. My parents died, I was turned into a monster, then I was found and placed into an orphanage that might as well been a concentration camp. Even when Mr. Yuen took me in, the blissfulness was only a painful reminder that I was no longer my own person. After my parents died, I just moved from master to master, being a slave to their directions and their inflictions. The separation between all of it being the same was that each life was slightly better than the first. After all, life is easier without a soul.

Slam!

I came to an instantly halt as feet landed on the ground in front of me. Heavy duty black boots rested on the black asphalt. The boot was light, easy to run and fight in, but also very lethal. A single kick to the head from on the those and you would be knocked unconscious instantly; that was mainly caused from the metal layered inside the toe and the heel of the boot. I recognized the weapon immediately - and as my eyes slowly rose up, I recognized the person inside them as well. From the red-black hair, the color of a pool of blood, to the crisp blue eyes, there was no denying who it was.

"Blood." The name curled off my lips like curse, which she was. Blood Grave. That's what I knew her as, whether that was the name on her birth certificate or not, I wouldn't know. But it was what she introduced herself as, and after seeing what she became, it seemed to fit.

"Hello Clara, miss me?"