Chapter 22

Simon's Pov

I look down at my phone. Its 6 am and I'm getting texts from Olivia. I unlock my phone and my heart drops.

liv💗~simon, I just saw my old crush from highschool, drew, and I discovered I still have feelings for him. When I saw him I felt butterflies in my stomach and I'm happier than ever, being here with him. Its not you, its drew. please don't take it personally. no one could ever be what he is, it was unavoidable since the beginning. I thought I could get over him by being with you but I cant. I'm sorry.
liv💗~ please dont talk to me about this when i get home, it'll make me feel bad.
liv💗~ now you're free to be with anyone you want.

I start freaking out. I call her multiple times. I text her repeatedly. I go on Instagram and see that 30 minutes before she posted a picture with this Drew guy and some Gabe guy. I throw on some clothes and get in my car. I pound on the steering wheel before rushing off down the street. I go to the park that we use to walk through and have picnics in. Once we fell asleep out here and didn't wake up until midnight. I stifle a laugh. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

liv💗~hi simon, im here but its really late. ill text you tomorrow

I scoff. Did she really think that I wanted her to text me tomorrow? No, she broke my heart. I don't want to talk to her, its over. I get it.

me~just forget it. im busy.

I sit down on the grass and stare at a little pond in the park.

Olivia's Pov

I wake up at noon the next day. I go on my phone and see a text from Simon. It hurts me a little to read but I understand that he's busy with youtube and stuff. I wrap all the gifts I've bought and I pack them in my suitcase, I pack my clothes too, only leaving out my clothes for tomorrow since I leave on Monday at 9am to get in London at 2 am on Tuesday. I put on one of my sister's t-shirt dresses and head to the mall. I buy him a new soccer jersey, soccer cleats that he's been wanting for months, a watch, a new pair of headphones, an xbox controller, and his favourite cologne. I drive around and see Seattle before I leave tomorrow. I sit at my favourite spot and listen to Vance Joy's album Dream Your Life Away. I get home at 1 am and fall straight asleep. My alarm goes off at 5 am and I leave for the airport. I get my stuff and say my goodbyes. I arrive at the airport at 6:30. I get through security easily and board my flight excitedly. I just want to see Simon and hold him and kiss him and cuddle him and look at his dimples.

When I get to London at 2 am I quickly grab my bag and go home. I pull into the driveway at 3:26 am. I get my suitcase and unlock the door. I quietly put the guys presents under the tree, all except for Simons, I haven't wrapped those yet. I leave my suitcase on the floor by my shoes and my carry on, and turn on my flashlight before sneaking upstairs. I quietly open Simons door. He's not sitting in his chair so he must be in bed. I turn and what I see crushes me. I scream.
"SIMON WHAT THE HELL?!" I yell. I turn on his bedroom light. I see the girl clearly. It's one of the girls from Cal's halloween party. Not just one of the girls, Cal's ex.
"Olivia?" He asks.
"I-OH MY GOD." I scream. Tears start streaming down my face, "HOW COULD YOU."
"DONT YOU DARE ACT INNOCENT OLIVIA!" He yells back. I run out of his room and down the stairs. I see JJ, Vik and Josh standing in the doorway of Josh's room. One of them tries to say hi but I run past.
"FUCK YOU SIMON." I yell when I get to the bottom of the stairs. Simon stands at the top of them.
"FUCK ME? NOPE YOUR FUCKING DREW NOW RIGHT? OR ARE YOU GOING TO FUCK GABE INSTEAD?" Simon yells.
"WHAT THE HELL SIMON! THEY'RE MY FRIENDS! BUT IF FUCKING THAT BITCH IN YOUR BED WASNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU WHY DONT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF TOO?" I scream.
"YOUR FRIENDS? WERE YOU AND I JUST FRIENDS TOO THEN?" He screams.
"WHAT THE FUCK?! NO! I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I yell.
"BULL FUCKING SHIT! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOU DIDNT LOVE ME? WAS THIS ALL A JOKE? WAS THIS JUST A WAY TO PASS THE TIME?" Simon yells. I cry even harder.
"NO BUT IM STARTING TO THINK THAT I SHOULDVE STAYED IN SEATTLE! IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT I DIDNT LOVE YOU OR WANT YOU OR DREAM ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY SINCE I MET YOU THEN YOURE THE BIGGEST IDIOT IVE EVER MET!" I scream.
"WELL I MUST BE A HUGE IDIOT THEN." He exclaim. I open my suitcase and open the shoe box.
"HERE TAKE YOUR STUPID FUCKING SHOES" I scream, throwing them at the wall behind him. I throw the xbox controller and the jersey, "TAKE ALL THIS STUFF" I throw the watch and the headphones, "I BOUGHT YOU ALL THIS STUFF YESTERDAY, I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO GET YOU SO I JUST GOT YOU ALL YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS." I pick up the cologne, "MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPRAY THIS COLOGNE ON A SHIRT AND GIVE IT TO THAT GIRL UPSTAIRS IN YOUR ROOM."
"Wait, you bought that all yesterd-" He starts but I cut him off.
"WHEN YOU SAID YOU WERE BUSY ON SUNDAY, WERE YOU WITH HER?" I scream.
"No Olivia but we need to talk ab-"
"I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!" I scream louder than ever. The whole house goes quiet. Even the other guys who were trying to calm us down, "I need to get out." I say, the air seems to be getting thinner and I feel claustrophobic "I need to get out." I pant.
"Liv? Are you alri-"
"DO YOU THINK IM ALRIGHT? I NEED TO GET OUT." I yell. I grab my suitcase and run out of the house. When I get in my car I start it and drive away as fast as legally possible. About 10 minutes into my drive I pull over and put on shoes from my suitcase. I get out my phone and call Harry.
"Hello? Olivia its 4 fucking am." He answers.
"Harry, I need." I pant, "I need somewhere to," Breathe, "I need a place to," Breathe, "To stay."
"Olivia whats wrong? Your back in London?" He asks.
"Harry. I'll" Breathe, "I'll explain later." Breathe. "I'm coming"

When I get to Harry's he gives me a huge hug and we sit down on the couch. Ethan and Cal are there too. Harry must've called Ethan up.
"Whats happened?" Harry asks me after I've calmed down.
"On Saturday night I went to a party and I didn't have my phone. Then, when I got home I had a bunch of texts from Simon and I told him I'll talk to him tomorrow because I was tired. He responded with 'forget it. im busy'. I understood though, the whole youtube thing is a lot." I say, crying, "So I get on my flight home, I hadn't talked to him but I was never planning on staying two weeks. I wanted to surprise you guys. So when I get home, he's in bed with another girl." I say, completely losing my cool and crying harder than ever. Ethan pulls me into a side hug. When Harry goes to make me tea, my phone starts ringing. It's Simon.
"Do you want me to answer it?" Cal asks. I shake my head no and decline the call. Ethan's phone starts ringing.
"Hello?" Ethan says, he puts it on speakerphone.
"Man. I'm so fucking useless. Can I come around? I need someone to talk to." Simon says, his voice is shaking.
"Uh, yeah man. Sure." Ethan says.
"I'll be there in 10 minutes." Simon tells him before hanging up.
"Do you want me to tell him I've already seen you?" Ethan asks.
"No. Just act like you just woke up and you don't even know I'm here." I say.
"Okay, I guess I should go back to my flat now then. Bye guys." He says. I wave goodbye.

I wake up abruptly. Cal is sitting on the floor beside me. I'm still on their couch.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"About 5:30am." Cal says, "How was your sleep?"
"Horrible. It was only an hour anyway I guess."
"Yeah that was a dumb question." He says. I laugh and sit up.
"Did Harry go to bed?" I ask.
"He just left for the airport. He's going back to Guernsey for the holidays." Cal says.
"Oh." I say.
"Callum is with his parents too." Cal tells me, "I'm actually leaving tomorrow. I'm going to Scotland."
"I completely forgot." I say.
"You can stay here tonight too, if you'd like. You can stay as long as you want, even if we're not here." He says.
"I really couldn't do that Cal. I think I'm going to go now actually."
"Well you should wait 30 more minutes." Cal says.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because thats when your clothes will be ready to come out of the dryer." He says, "We thought the least we could do for you is your laundry." I smile and pat the spot next to me and he crawls up and sits.