Sixty Six || Calvin Klein

Beginne am Anfang

My mother turns and looks at him, "What's funny about that?"

He sets down the spatula. Oh, things just got real when James sets down the kitchen utensil. "Mrs. Anderson, I am in love with your daughter," he comes out honestly.

My mom smiles, "I know, it's pretty obvious."

I raise an eyebrow. How would that be? I mean I haven't said it for her to hear it and I'm pretty sure that James hasn't either.

"Vena, a person doesn't have to say it for it to be known. Anyways, what does that have to do with anything, James," she asks, continuing to stir.

"Maybe the fact that I can't keep my hands off her."

Oh God, James stop. This is my mother you are talking to.

He is making it sound like he took me on every piece of furniture in our apartment. Which is defintely not true. He's making it sound like all we have is physical attraction, which is not true at all.

"Oh James, you're such a teenage boy."

He shrugs and nods, "I know, but it doesn't change anything."

She sighs, "Okay fine, I am not going to argue with you about it. Just watch out because these Anderson men are everywhere, you may not see them at first, but they are everywhere," she warns the both of us this time.

After James finished helping my mom make dinner, he went upstairs to go read his book. I'm going to guess and say that he was feeling a bit claustrophobic.

As I sit here on the couch, James phone keeps on buzzing on the coffee table. I really want to look at it, but I know I can't. That is wrong. I can't take that privacy from him.

But, my God, is it ever driving me crazy.

I watch as the phone continues to buzz every ten seconds or so.

Buzz

...

Buzz

...

Buzz

...

I AM GOING TO LOSE IT.

I grab the phone, face down and run upstairs. I open the bedroom door and James is sitting there reading his book. I toss the phone at him, hitting him in the nose, catching him off guard.

He drops the book out of his hands and puts his hand over his nose. He curses, "What the hell, Vena?"

"Make that stupid thing stop! I am going to lose it, James! I am not kidding, make it stop!"

He chuckles and grabs the phone from where it dropped beside the bed. He unlocks it and starts reading the messages.

He looks at me and studies my face for a moment, like as if he is trying to figure something out.

He sends a message and turns it off. "It was nothing," he tells me.

I look at him and cross my arms, that can't be right. I mean, they were non-stop messages.

"It was Grant alright? He just wanted me to call him, but I will later."

If he was texting James every ten seconds, you'd think that it would be pretty urgent.

I shake the thought out of my head. I'll just let him deal with it. I guess he knows the situation a lot better than me and I can't say much about it. James has been oddly secretive lately and why, I have no idea, but it is starting to scare me.