Chapter 16 - Runaway

"W-we could run away... "

--------------------

Luhan shivered, the ice cold water running down his thin figure and slowly numbing his skin, which was slowly changing color and now beginning to look more of a blue shade, so he decided it was time to get out and finish the last preparations for this special day.

He didn't regret it, yet - asking Sehun to run away with him. Maybe when they would be on their way tonight, he would start to have second thoughts about his rather rash decision, but he was more than sure Sehun would convince him again and again that it was the right thing to do. It was best for everyone, after all, wasn't it?

He finally pulled himself together and turned off the water. The air in the grand bathroom felt warm after being soaked in cold liquid for so long.

He grabbed a yellow towel and slowly dried himself, then wiped the full-body sized mirror on the wall, now having a perfect view over his entire body. He bent down just a little and ran cold fingertips over his thighs, leaving trails of goosebumps on pale skin. A single small, red spot caught his eye and he scratched it roughly, knowing that the redness would cover the spot at least for a while.
His fingers reached the area just below his crotch, grabbing the small chunk of fat still hanging on stubbornly in his inner thighs. He wanted to rip them off, he wanted to be pretty to Sehun.

Hands roaming all over his body, grabbing and scratching all of the imperfections he found. Eyes traveling to all the unwanted spots and fat, mind praising his bones visible beneath his white skin, as if they were trapped inside him and only wanted to escape. And he let them.

--------------------

Luhan awoke to the sound of a window creaking open and the feeling of a calming presence entering his room. Sehun stopped in his tracks a few feet's distance from the edge of the giant bed. Its size would soon be unnecessary, though, as the owner of it would hopefully never sleep in it again.

Exchange of words was not needed between the two boys. Luhan sat up and let himself drown in Sehun's dark eyes, not caring to break the contact, hypnotized.

Sehun smiled weakly and finally looked down. His hand shot out to grab the petite one already reaching for him in anticipation.

Luhan, who was already fully dressed, grabbed the two bags of necessities for their upcoming 'trip', and smiled back at the tall boy before him, eyes showing nothing but burning love and determination. He was more than ready to leave his prison of a home to spend the rest of his time with the only person who had given him something to look forward to in a world of ranks, separating and a searing lack of love.

Love.

The two silently tiptoed across the room, hand in hand, reaching the window Sehun had left open when he'd arrived. Sehun hesitated for just that second too long before grabbing his lover by the waist and lifting him up to reach the top of the window frame so he could lift himself out. He was afraid Luhan would crack from the touch if he was too harsh, but just as he feared, he was too light for Sehun to have to use that much - or little - power. He didn't comment on it.

With Luhan out and on his way down the rope Sehun had used to crawl up, Sehun packed all their supplies on his back and followed suit, his arms shaking from the extra weight as he made his way down the rope. Just as he was about to look down to see how the boy under him was doing, he heard a surprised squeal and a thump as said boy landed feet first on the ground. He looked fine for a few seconds - until his face twisted in pain and he collapsed on the stone.

Sehun let go of the line, letting himself fall the last couple of meters, reaching steady ground with a groan of exertion. Luhan lifted his eyes to meet with Sehun's, tears filling them to the brink.

"Where does it hurt, Luhan? We need to leave now, I can carry you too so don't worry about it, " Sehun assured Luhan with a soft look in his dark eyes.

Luhan pointed to his right ankle, unable to utter a word out of fear that he would start crying and wake someone up.

The younger boy nodded in understanding and was about to pick the older up bridal style, when he was pushed away by a pale hand.

Luhan wanted to walk on his own, he knew that if Sehun had to carry both him and the many kilos of other necessities they would need on their trip, it would slow them down a lot. No matter how much it hurt, he had to do this himself. Now was not the time to act like a spoiled kid who scratched his knee while playing silly games with other spoiled kids.

So he bit his lip, stood himself up and started walking. Sehun could do nothing but follow him with a heart in pain every time his fragile boy made a grimace because of the pain but nevertheless kept going without a complaint.

With all his attention on the male in front of him, Sehun didn't notice the sound of footsteps in the bushes or the person jumping out of it behind him before it was too late.

--------------------

A/N: I'm still contemplating whether I should give you guys a happy ending or follow my inner writer and make it tragic...

What do you want to happen?