Chapter 11 - Holding back

Quick note before I start this chapter - I want you to really imagine this in your head, because I almost cried when I wrote it :'D

--------------------

Kyungsoo's stomach cramped together, he was choking, and he only managed to look Jongin in the eyes for a split second before he bent to the side and emptied everything in his belly on the grass floor.

Jongin's body petrified as he just sat there staring out at nothing, with Kyungsoo in his shaking arms.
He felt his face twist and he bit his his lower lip tightly, trying to hold back the cry of relief that he knew was withheld in his sore throat.
He knew that if he let it out, Lay would separate them forever because they'd been infected by Luhan's illness.
Severely infected.
He had to hold it in, a throbbing pressure just where his heart was supposed to beat freely.

When Kyungsoo's belly was completely empty, he turned back so he was laying on Jongin's lap again, staring up into the younger's orbs which were filled with relief and... Pain?
What had happened to him? Kyungsoo wondered about that and only that, that was until he looked around them and found everyone staring at him, same expression as Jongin in their eyes but not as strong, not nearly.

"What... Why are everyone staring at.. Me?" He asked, his voice breaking the heavy silence that'd filled the hall.

"K-Kyungsoo... You're not- You're alive. It's you. I thought... That you were gone forever, Kyungsoo, I thought you'd never come back to me, I don't know-" Jongin's voice cracked before he could finish the sentence, and tears seeped into his eyes for the third time that day. Kyungsoo did not understand a thing of what was happening, why were everyone crying?
Everyone except for Lay, who just stood calmly with a satisfied smile decorating his lips.

His eyes finally fixated on Luhan. His friend was curled into a ball beside Sehun, and all Kyungsoo could see was his shoulders shaking; he was crying hard.
Sehun just sat beside him with an expressionless face and uttered comfort to his hurting love.

Kyungsoo turned his attention back to the still sobbing figure above his head.
He felt a desperate need to touch it, to make these beautiful eyes stop crying, to stop looking so pained.

"Jongin, I'm right here. What happened? I... We were just walking, and I stumbled, and-" he was silenced by Jongin's soft voice:

"You fell. I-I wasn't looking and then, I didn't see it and you fell and-"
"Stop. Just stop, okay? It was not your fault. It's coming back, I remember what happened and trust me it was not your fault, Jongin. Please do not blame yourself for it. And I'm here now, right? I'm not gone." Kyungsoo felt that he wanted to calm Jongin down, he didn't want him to feel bad because of him. He never felt this way towards anyone before, and it was strange and new to him, but he liked it. He liked the feeling of wanting to take care of somebody, wanting them to feel good and be happy.
He wanted Jongin to be happy.

--------------------

After the ceremony was over, Kyungsoo was told by Lay to stay home for a couple of weeks at least with no visitors, as these procedures were usually very exhausting for the mind and body of the patient.
As he said this, his eyes flicked in Jongin's direction several times, but Jongin only having his attention on Kyungsoo, didn't notice this.

These next weeks, the two had no contact with each other, but it didn't stop them from wishing to every minute of the day.

Sehun and Luhan on the contrary, became even closer.

--------------------

A/N: Where are everyone from in the small world? I'm from Denmark!