Intro

This entire story dedicated to junmyeon- cause her story ideas are amazing and creative af and I got this idea off of her! Go and check out her stories cause she's super nice and talented! xx

----------------------------------------------
Hyo Sonn

I let out a long sigh, pressing my palm against my throbbing forehead. I can feel warmth spread through my hand, my head about to burst any second.

My eyes are traveling across the paper trying to absorb the information given in the question, but my brain is completely shutting everything off.

Irritation takes over me and I look up from my calculus book, my flustered emotions overshadowed by shock and disbelief. My pen is frozen in between my fingers, my mouth slightly open in surprise.

My eyes are widened, observing the isolated classroom. It was only a minute ago when each desk was stacked with books being read by my classmates. I must've gotten carried away with solving questions because I didn't notice the classroom emptying so suddenly.

It is only now that I acknowledge the silence that has filled the room. The only sound that can be heard is the slow ticking of the clock.

My eyes travel up from the smudged chalk board to the clock, my shocked facial expression even more exaggerated. It is 11:57 p.m., close to midnight.

With the realization of the time, I'm reminded of the popular myth that has every student terrified to stay back late at night. According to some 'witnesses', a former student disappeared as a result of falling asleep in school when it was late at night. He was very focused studying and fell asleep while taking a short break. Earlier that day was the last time that he was seen by anyone, leaving him as the mysterious boy with the unexplained disappearance.

When I first enrolled into this school, I was bombarded by stories regarding the history of this school. They all consisted of some kind of supernatural or spiritual background. This story has been rated as the top mysterious incident since the opening of this school. I never knew of the boy or met him, so I feel little to no emotion towards him.

Everyone is advised to leave the school grounds by 11:30, just to avoid any unwanted trouble with the 'spirits' haunting the building halls.

I've never been a believer when it comes to this kind of spiritual things, just because I've never witnessed anything for myself.

I return back to earth from my thoughts, my eyes drawn back to the question printed on the sheet. I decide to finish solving this last question before heading off.

I scribble an equation down, my brain overflowing with solving methods as encouragement to finish the final question. I focus on the pen in my hand, it's motions quick and short.
I smile proudly once I rewrite my final answer in the blank space, exhaling deeply.

Slightly turning back, I reach for my bag, the sound of the ticking clock becoming more and more faint.
I turn back around, facing the black board again. My eyes travel up to the round clock once again,  focused only on the moving arrow and I attempt to read the time. It is only a few seconds away from midnight.

I frown, the soundless clock still ticking.

How come I'm unable to hear the ticking of the clock? I think to myself, my eyes oddly fixed on the moving needles. It is as though Im being forced to watch as the soundless ticking of the clock passes 12 a.m.