Once the long arrow points towards 12, the school bell is rung, causing me to jump. My heart rate increases from the sudden sound, my eyes widening.
Until now, this room was the only one with its lights on but with the clock reading 12:00 a.m., everything went pitch black. Now, I'm unable to see anything.

My eyes widen even more, my grip around the edge of the table tightening. It is odd that the lights were shut off right at 12, however, this is my first time staying back this late so it could just be a regular regime.

I bravely stand up from the chair, proceeding towards the switch to see if there is any luck with switching the lights back on. As soon as I rise from my seat, heavy air weighs down on me, making it difficult for my to breathe normally.

I rush towards the switch, lifting my hand up to flick the it when cold fingers wrap around my wrist tightly.

I gasp, the coldness of the hand sending shivers down my spine. Has someone been in school without be noticing? It is impossible that this is happening because its past midnight. Using my free arm, I quickly lift it up to flick the switch but I freeze once I feel breathing against my bare shoulder. Each inhale is slow and deep, sending a rush of cold air against my back.

Gulping, I slightly turn my head, unsure of what to think or do. Unfortunately, my eyes haven't adjusted themselves to the darkness, making it impossible for me to see the person standing closely behind me.

"I'm afraid it's too late"
A deep male voice speaks from behind, his tone with a hint of joy.

"I've been waiting for someone like you, who disregards the advisors for so long"
He emphasizes on 'so', making his speaking even more frightening. Following that, he lets out a dry chuckle, elongating the last part, fear spreading through my entire body. Something about that chuckle was evil and unpleasant, like the vibe given off by the man.

"Who are you?"
I stutter, unable to speak properly as fear rushes over me.

"I'm who you were thinking about just a minute ago"
He replies, and without even needing to see him, I can feel his grin through the way he speaks. My eyes widen, my mind going absolutely blank. There is no way that the man is the famous disappeared boy. I refuse to believe that.

"How could it be possible for you to read my mind?"
My voice shakes, my mind having a civil war against my ears as I listen to the voice speak. With no response, I feel the heavy breathing hit my shoulder more vigorously.

"After 12 a.m., anything is possible"
He says, his speech slow and diabolical. The fear inside me only grows and I feel a sense of obligation to face the man. With a tight grip still around my wrist, I manage to spin around to face the man, my heart racing uncontrollably.

I'm terrified when I'm able to perfectly see a boy as though I'm seeing him in complete daylight. I had a different image of him in my head; an aging man with abnormal features.

However, he is rather young, like me, and is still youthful. He looks perfectly real, but something about him is out of the ordinary but I can't quite put my finger on it. His facial features are sharp, his cheekbones sizzled. My first thought regarding this facial structure is that he is incredibly handsome and young. There is a smirk plastered across his plump lips, and I can feel his eyes staring straight through me. He seems to be intrigued and captivated by the situation, stepping closer to me.

My eyes trail down his tall figure, observing him in my school uniform. Almost immediately, they widen as I come to the realization that this might be the boy that everyone has been gossiping about.

"You aren't real"
I say, my breathing fastening. This boy's figure looks realistic and humanly. He looks like flesh and blood.

"Don't you worry now"
He says, stepping even closer to me. His voice is disturbing to hear, giving me uncontrollable chills. At first, I don't dare look up into his eyes but it feels as though once again, I'm being forced to.

In my head, I keep telling myself that this is just an illusion but the atmosphere that he brought into the room with himself feels otherwise.

"Impossible"
I mumble to myself, looking up into the boy's eyes, the color of them a dark shade of brown. He is looking down upon my small figure, his eyes observing every inch of my face. Finally, he looks me directly in the eyes, his pupils dilating and in a matter of split seconds, his eyes travel up to my forehead.

"Your eyes"
He says, his voice filling the silence that has taken over the classroom. His facial expression drastically changes, looking fascinated yet frustrated with an obvious frown. Within a split second, before I can even react, he disappears into thin air.

I blink, just to reassure myself that the boy didn't just magically disappear right in front of me. I'm alarmed once my eyes land on the clock near the ceiling of the classroom. It's.. 11:57 p.m... I gulp, feeling beads of sweat drop down my face. The lights are still on and I am yet to finish the last question on the paper.

So it was just a bad dream. I think to myself, my fast breathing causing my chest to move up and down rapidly. I can't help but think about how real that felt. It felt as though the boy standing close by me was actually there and that everything that I experienced actually happened.

Feeling as though it's my duty to leave, I quickly slam shut my open calculus book, shoving it into my open bag. Rushing towards the door, I don't dare turn the lights off, feeling odd and afraid too.

I rush down the hall, holding my bag tightly over my shoulders. Even though I don't believe in the myth told by everyone about that boy who disappeared, I can't help but feel like the boy that I saw was actually him.

I literally run out of the gate, breathing in fresh air with relief. I turn around to face the school building, the light still shining through the windows of the classroom that I was studying in.

As soon as the school bell rings, I jump, the realization that it's midnight washing over me. Right then, the lights in the classroom turn off, going dark just like the rest of the building. I gulp, turning around in a quick motion and begin walking home.