•promise• |3|

I was still left distraught from what happened with Alise.

Yeah Shawn and I talked about it the next morning but not as much as I wanted to.

There are still questions left unanswered.

"Ms. Y/n. Are you listening?" Alise waved in my face.

I looked down at her and smiled.

We were sitting outside coloring. Because she won't really talk to anyone but me they gave me the privilege to take her outside and get to know her more.

"Um, yes sweetie." I watched as she drew a picture if her and I holding hands with hearts all around it.

I heard a door open and I looked up to see Shawn with a look of worry in his face.

"Uh babe. I mean Ms. Y/n. You and Alise are needed in the office immediately."

I looked from him to her.

"Uh sure."

Once we got inside we walked through the hallways. I saw that Alises room had been cleaned out and suitcases were packed.

Alise had tugged at me.

"Ms. Y/n, what's going on?" She frowned.

"I uh don't know but I'm gonna find out."

Alise and I went to the office where the administrator was sitting at his desk.

"Oh well if it isn't the two peas in a pod." He smiled.

"Yes, you asked to see us. And I saw that Alises room had been cleared out. Is she moving rooms?"

His smile then dropped.

"Oh um no. I'm afraid that Alise has been relocated to another orphanage."

"What? Why!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry Ms. Y/n, but our orphanage is beginning to get too packed and we chose a select amount if children who've been here a certain amount of years."

"Its not fair! Ms. Y/n, please don't let them take me!" She cried and jumped in my arms.

"Is everything alright in here?" Shawn waked in.

"Shawn."
I whispered as a tear fell down my cheek.

I think I know what it all means now.

Alise let go of me and wiped her tears.

"I-I want her."

"Excuse me Ms. Y/n?"

I turned to him. "I want her. I want to adopt Alise."

He smiled warmly. "We'll don't you need to talk to your husband first?"

"Shawn?" I walked over to him.

"I- um." He combed his hand though his hair.

"Shawn. I can't help but feel like she's meant for me. For us. How can I not acknowledge a sign that's right in front of me." I looked up at him.

He looked back at Alise then at me.

"Well there is kind of a resemblance.."

I chuckled.

"Of course y/n. I believe in you, I believe that Alise is an angel sent to us and if your ready, I'm ready."

I nodded hugging him.

"We would like to adopt." I said looking down at her.

Weeks later//

I sat in the office biting at my thumbnail.

I felt Shawn's hand pull my hand away.

"Babe, why are you so nervous. You see her everyday already." He chuckled.

"Yeah I know but, it's completely different now." I shook my leg waiting for Alise.

He put his hand my thigh rubbing it.

"It's gonna be okay babe, I know she'll love us." I smiled at him.

"Ms. Y/n?"

I turned to see her with her suit cases in her hand.

I jumped up and went to hug her.

"You kept your promise." She said while wrapping her little arms around my neck.

"Yeah, I did."

We let go so Shawn and I could fill out the rest of the paper work.

"Alright kiddo, ready to go?" Shawn asked while grabbing her stuff in one hand and holding her hand in his other.

"Yes sir." She giggled grabbing he hand and we walked to the car.

"Sweetie, you can call me dad if you want." He smiled.

She nodded. "Okay. Dad." We all laughed.

"Does this mean I get to call you mom?" She looked up at me.

"Absolutely."

A/n: lol feeling a Matilda/Like Mike vibe from this story