•face the sun•

"Y/n you're on in 5"

"Alright I'll be out in a minute."

You stared at yourself in the mirror.

You felt like shit but your makeup artist managed to cover it up. You and Shawn had an argument and haven't talked for weeks.

It was the usual, the attention from guys.

You couldn't help the way you were viewed, you were a singer just like him.

Of course to satisfy him you would try to cover yourself up and become a more formal, mature artist but then it dawned you that, you were your own woman and no man was gonna make you change because of his feelings.

And you tried to get Shawn to see that. But he would always make a way to shame you. You finally cracked and just left him. You had been staying with a friend for the past couple of weeks not hearing a word from Shawn.

You didn't want to keep it up any longer, so you got your friend to invite him to your show tonight in hope to talk to him afterwards.

Now you were in your dressing room nervous as hell because you didn't know if Shawn was out there or not.

"Y/n. It's time."

"Alright. Alright. I'm coming." You made your way to the stage.

Shawn p.o.v

I see she finally broke and decided to contact me first.

I know it may seem jerky of me but y/n needs to realize that I love her and I won't share her with anyone else.

I really miss her though. She was the only person I was truly comfortable with. I was sitting in a V.i.p section of the audience with one of her friends that invited me. She was telling me how she was walking around her apartment looking broken because of the things I said and that she pulled herself together coming to the conclusion that I was in the wrong. Yeah we really need to talk. The lights then dimmed and out came the girl I fell in love with years ago. She looked amazing. She made eye contact with me then started speaking in that angelic voice of hers.

Y/n p.o.v

I walked out on stage scanning the beautiful crowd. I then found Shawn who seemed to looked kind of shocked.

"Hello everyone. How are y'all doin tonight?"

I was answered with a bunch of screams.

"Sounds great to me!!" I chuckled. "Listen before I start with my songs I wanna dedicate a song to a boy that I gave my heart to a while ago. A boy who still has my heart in which I hope he keeps forever. Shawn. Baby, this is for you." I said as I looked at him.

The crowd grew silent as the music started.

I ain't a saint I think you know
But I see the way I'm gonna go
It's no debate but I belong with you, yeah
Baby we're the same, you know my flaws
So if I ever stray, you know the cause
But no matter what I do, I know, I know, I belong with you
I belong with you, yeah baby

You're eyes were locked with Shawn's the entire time. You wanted Shawn to feel every note and lyric that came out if your mouth. You wanted him to know that what you were singing was true.