Chapter 8: I'm cute?

CHAPTER 8: I'M CUTE?

It's already 7pm! I can't believe all that chatting took so long! I ran as fast as I could to get back home. My grandparents are probably worried sick. I don't even have a phone to tell them i'm alright. That i'm on my way. I'm so irresponsible!

Once my house was in view, I saw my grandpa waiting outside for me.

"There she is! What have you been up to today?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry grandpa! I actually joined this club yesterday and it took longer than I expected." I explained.

"Oh. A club eh? What club?"

"Music club."

"That's nice. Any boys there?" I smiled. He wasn't upset. I took a seat next to him.

"There are boys there but i'm not interested. When have I ever been interested?" He pondered on it for a while.

"Point taken."

"Where's grandma?"

"She's already in bed."

"Oh."

"No trouble at school?"

"No. Why?"

"Well, you're dressed differently."

"Oh. Yeah."

"Your grandma put those clothes out for you. She knew you'd be in too much of a hurry to notice."

"That's grandma for you."

"Look..." I looked at grandpa.

"Your granny and I aren't getting any younger. You never let her pick out things for you but she wants to be able to do that. You're not having trouble at school and it's not like she's making you wear anything too exposing. Maybe you should let her pick out your clothes more."

"I'll think about it grandpa."

"Well then. I'm heading back inside. You should too. It's almost your bedtime. Dinner's on the table."

"Alright grandpa." He patted my head then went inside. I stayed out for a while just looking out into the dark.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light.

•••

"Hey! Are you okay? I'm sorry." I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes and observed my surroundings. I was crouched down under the couch on our porch. I looked up to see Levi.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked again. I shook my head and got up.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?" I looked to see he was holding his camera.

"Again?" I asked him.

"Couldn't help it! Anyway, it was the last one. I swear!"

"Ugh. What happened?"

"Well, when I took the picture, you freaked out then hid under there."

"Oh." I scratched my head feeling confused.

"You must've ran all the way here."

"Hm?"

"Your shoes are worn out."

"Oh. Uh... What are you doing here?"

"Ah! I was on my way home actually. I live around here."

"Alright. You should go home now." I turned and opened my door.