Chapter 20: I'm Coming Back For You

Chapter 20: I'M COMING BACK FOR YOU

Sorry! It has been a while! Hope you enjoy! Mwah!

As I wake, I'm being carried bridal style. I look up and see it's still dark outside. I notice that this is my street. Now I look to see who exactly is carrying me and I see that it is Zane. What?!

"Don't look so shocked. I just wanted to go home early and then I saw you passed out on the ground. I wasn't going to leave you. I'm not that heartless." He tells me. I start to feel uncomfortable.

"Put me down." I tell him. He stops walking and does as I say. But he does so carefully. I dust myself off and start to stretch. "Are you feeling better now?" He asks me.
"Yeah. I'll live."

Suddenly, Zane grabs my face and tilts it to the side. I freaked out so I tried to slap him but he caught my hand.

"Who did this to you?" He asks.
"What?"
"You have a bruise on your cheek. Who did that?"
My eyes go wide as I start to remember what happened. Justin slapped me. Because he believes I have something to do with his sister being murdered. But I was just a by stander. I didn't know what was going on. I was too young to understand. But that's really the gist of what my grandmother told me. "I'm coming for you." The words kept replaying in my mind.
"Rochelle! Snap out of it and answer me." He's holding onto my hands and he starts caressing my face. It makes a tear roll down my eye from the pain from my cheek. "Damn it!" Zane hugs me tight and I needed it. I really did. I hugged him back and we just stood like that for a while. "Why do I always feel the need to protect you?" I heard Zane mumble. "Maybe you actually like me for a change." I replied. He broke the hug and looked me in the eyes. After a few seconds of silence, he flicks my nose. "Ow! What the fudge Zane?" I rubbed my nose trying to make the pain go away. "Come on. I'll walk you home since you don't want to tell me anything about how you got that bruise. Just put some ice on it and it'll be good by tomorrow. It's not that bad anyway." I'm frozen in place. What the hell just happened?

He already started walking but when he realized I wasn't following him, he rolled his eyes, walked back to me and dragged me by my hand. "Let's go. I have a curfew, you know." As he leads the way, I love the warmth that's coming from him. It makes me feel at ease.

When we arrived at my place, he let go. "You should be taking better care of yourself. You're still a girl. Even though it's only a quarter of it, but it's still there." He says. I tried to slap his back but he avoided me easily. "See you around Hovde." I rolled my eyes and headed inside. Only the kitchen lights were on so I assumed my grandparents were already asleep. I went straight to my room and started downloading the songs we were required to perform.

A few days passed and everyone's busy with the photoshoot and the talent show coming up. Right after the photoshoot, we had to head straight to school to set up for the talent show. Luckily, we didn't have to be on time since Ron and Kim would set up the basics for us and we weren't the first to perform anyway. I haven't had a chance to talk to Justin ever since the incident but Levi has been in contact with him for the details of what we plan to do for the shoot. I'm glad I don't have to talk to Levi directly but I will have to soon seeing as we are partners.

The day before the shoot, Levi approaches me at my locker.

"Hey! Rochelle! We have a meeting with Justin before we leave school today. Just so we're all clear with what we have to do for the shoot and what we have to prepare. I have a pretty good idea in mind that I think you're going to love! Trust me on this one."
I rolled my eyes. "I think I trust you too much now and that's a problem."
"Why would that be a problem?"
"The more someone trusts you, the easier it is to trick them." I closed my locker and started heading to my next class. Levi followed suit.
"Do you always have to be so full of sunshine?" Levi said sarcastically.
"Oh Levi. You just always manage to bring it out of me." I smiled at him and went inside my classroom where I was greeted by a 'friendly' face. I wished.